The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE International and Social Public Policy with Politics

Hi,
I have applied to International and Social Public Policy with Politics at LSE however I am not sure whether my personal statement matches as I have also applied to Politics and International Relations at UCL, Kent, Royal Holloway, and War Studies at KCL so my personal statement is mainly centered around international relations and politics however I'm hoping that due to the political elements of this course at LSE, my personal statement will be OK.
I have included examples of volunteering to be involved in local politics such as my application to the Kent Youth County Council and being a youth ambassador at my local mosque and helping the 2021 Afghan refugees, joining Model UN, writing political articles for the school magazine as well as being a House Captain at school, all these positions of authority are evidence of my commitment to the community, relevant to the LSE course and I have included several political books I have read as well as academic thoughts of my own.
The entry requirements are AAB for this course and my predicted grades are AAA in History, Religious Studies, and Business Studies and I have quite high GCSE grades.
I am wondering whether anyone thinks this is all ok and if I have any chance of getting an offer from LSE even if my personal statement is a bit broader due to the other courses I applied to.
Reply 1
Original post by roya.05
Hi,
I have applied to International and Social Public Policy with Politics at LSE however I am not sure whether my personal statement matches as I have also applied to Politics and International Relations at UCL, Kent, Royal Holloway, and War Studies at KCL so my personal statement is mainly centered around international relations and politics however I'm hoping that due to the political elements of this course at LSE, my personal statement will be OK.
I have included examples of volunteering to be involved in local politics such as my application to the Kent Youth County Council and being a youth ambassador at my local mosque and helping the 2021 Afghan refugees, joining Model UN, writing political articles for the school magazine as well as being a House Captain at school, all these positions of authority are evidence of my commitment to the community, relevant to the LSE course and I have included several political books I have read as well as academic thoughts of my own.
The entry requirements are AAB for this course and my predicted grades are AAA in History, Religious Studies, and Business Studies and I have quite high GCSE grades.
I am wondering whether anyone thinks this is all ok and if I have any chance of getting an offer from LSE even if my personal statement is a bit broader due to the other courses I applied to.

I did similar, and got an offer for AAB, did you hear back?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by roya.05
Hi,

You are a strong applicant, but competition is 'fierce' for this course.
Original post by roya.05
Hi,

Hi, I'm currently in my final year studying ISPP with Politics at LSE. Your application sounds pretty competitive, but it's of course relative to the rest of the applicant cohort.

My application was pretty similar (predicted A*A*A in history, politics, and maths) with a personal statement that was more focussed on politics/philosophy given the other courses I applied to, though I did make sure to make some explicit links to social/public policy. Some of your volunteering examples also sound pretty similar to mine. If you want to have a look at a (lightly edited/anonymised) version of my PS, you can find it here: https://www.wikihow.com/Sample/Personal-Statement---Sample

If you've got any questions about your application, the course, or LSE generally, I'm happy to answer them.
Reply 4
Original post by zaqzswxswxde
Hi, I'm currently in my final year studying ISPP with Politics at LSE. Your application sounds pretty competitive, but it's of course relative to the rest of the applicant cohort.

My application was pretty similar (predicted A*A*A in history, politics, and maths) with a personal statement that was more focussed on politics/philosophy given the other courses I applied to, though I did make sure to make some explicit links to social/public policy. Some of your volunteering examples also sound pretty similar to mine. If you want to have a look at a (lightly edited/anonymised) version of my PS, you can find it here: https://www.wikihow.com/Sample/Personal-Statement---Sample

If you've got any questions about your application, the course, or LSE generally, I'm happy to answer them.

Hi. I'm applying to study politics and philosophy at lse this year and was wondering if you could possibly take a look at my personal statement?

do you think my GCSES are too weak for LSE: 988887776 with the 6 being in maths if i wanna apply for politics
Reply 6

Sorry to jump in, if you don't mind me asking a question, I wanted to ask about your experiences with the ISPP. The curriculum looks intriguing, but I've noticed a shortage of information about both the ISPP course and the Department of Social Policy. Worried my expectations might not match reality. Could you give me any insights or advice on your course by any chance? Teaching quality, the vibe among the cohort, accessibility of professors, networking, or anything else about the course would be awesome!

If given the chance again, would you still choose this course over others like IR, econ, or dev studies? Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending