The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

I don't know how I feel about LSE, please help

Hello, basically I got offers from LSE and Warwick. Warwick was my top choice before getting LSE (I didn't think I would get in). Problem is they offered it to me AFTER the offer holders day. So I never really got a chance to interact with pupils who are already there or who are joining. So I'm hoping to talk to some future peers on how they found the workload? The pressure? The social life? And the cost? Thank you so much!
Reply 1
LSE is an amazing university, sets you up well for the future, I would've done anything to go there but sadly it's super competitive. Congrats!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
LSE is great!
Studying what?
Reply 4
Original post by Rionn04
Hello, basically I got offers from LSE and Warwick. Warwick was my top choice before getting LSE (I didn't think I would get in). Problem is they offered it to me AFTER the offer holders day. So I never really got a chance to interact with pupils who are already there or who are joining. So I'm hoping to talk to some future peers on how they found the workload? The pressure? The social life? And the cost? Thank you so much!

Avoid https://medium.com/age-of-awareness/how-the-london-school-of-economics-is-failing-its-students-b24aed5718b5
Reply 5
Original post by random_matt
Studying what?

It's relatively obscure, but international social and public policy with politics
Original post by Rionn04
It's relatively obscure, but international social and public policy with politics

9.6% offer rate, well done for getting in. On the whole there is barely anything separating the two on that subject (CUG), I would just choose wherever you would prefer to live.
Reply 7
Original post by Rionn04

Current LSE student I think social life is really what you make of it, I lived at home but still have relatively good friends and I know lots of people in accomdation who have made great friends and who went out a decent bit in first year. As for workload I would say its subjective on you
Reply 8
The workload will be 'intense', but you will have coped with the highest demands of A-Levels. So it should not be an issue for you.

Also look at the advantages you will have with the peaceful yet gigantic 5,000 desks spread over 5 floors and 2,000 more spaces with sofa chairs and tables and very fast internet WiFi for free and all the books you need instock at the LSE library!!! :wink: lol

It would be stupid not to firm LSE.

Lse_library_interior.jpg16-9-ratio-Course_Collection_3619.jpg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending