The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Seeking opinions: Help me decide between Wolverhampton, BCU, or Coventry University.

Hey everyone!

I'm in a bit of a dilemma and I need some help. I have offers from Wolverhampton, Coventry, BCU, and Coventry University for a Computer Science with AI course, but I'm not sure which one to choose. I love playing table tennis and would like to join a club at the university.

Can anyone here share their experiences and opinions about these universities? Which one would you recommend for a Computer Science with AI course, and why? Are there any table tennis clubs at these universities that you know of?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Original post by Slater11
Hey everyone!

I'm in a bit of a dilemma and I need some help. I have offers from Wolverhampton, Coventry, BCU, and Coventry University for a Computer Science with AI course, but I'm not sure which one to choose. I love playing table tennis and would like to join a club at the university.

Can anyone here share their experiences and opinions about these universities? Which one would you recommend for a Computer Science with AI course, and why? Are there any table tennis clubs at these universities that you know of?

Hi there,
I'm glad to hear that you are considering Coventry University. With regards to choosing the right university for you one of the best ways to get a feel for the university is to attend an open day to spend sometime talking to students, staff and exploring the city, the next one at Coventry is the 18th February and I'm sure you could find out about the other two on their websites.
One of the things I enjoy here is the range of sports and societies that are offered along with academic and personal support. Whilst I can't see a table tennis club on our list of sports there is the option to start your own club! https://www.yoursu.org/activities/sport/clubs/ Here is a list of the clubs.

I hope this helps,

Eleanor F
Student Ambassador
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hi there,
I'm glad to hear that you are considering Coventry University. With regards to choosing the right university for you one of the best ways to get a feel for the university is to attend an open day to spend sometime talking to students, staff and exploring the city, the next one at Coventry is the 18th February and I'm sure you could find out about the other two on their websites.
One of the things I enjoy here is the range of sports and societies that are offered along with academic and personal support. Whilst I can't see a table tennis club on our list of sports there is the option to start your own club! https://www.yoursu.org/activities/sport/clubs/ Here is a list of the clubs.

I hope this helps,

Eleanor F
Student Ambassador

Hi there,
Thank you so much for reaching out and sharing your insights about Coventry University. I really appreciate the time you took to respond to my post. Your suggestions are very helpful and I'm glad to hear that there is an open day coming up on 18th February. I will definitely make an effort to attend it.
I am impressed by the range of sports and societies offered by Coventry University, and I like the idea of starting my own table tennis club. This sounds like a great opportunity to get involved in the university community and make new friends.
Thank you again for your help and I look forward to meeting you at the open day.
Thank you.
Original post by Slater11
Hey everyone!

Hi @Slater11,

Great to hear that you are interested in the University of Wolverhampton, with regards to deciding where is best for you, I would definitely recommend you get to the University and speak to people - academics, students and student ambassadors! - We have an Applicant Day coming up on Wednesday 29th March, which gives you the opportunity to attend Faculty Welcome Talks, Subject Masterclasses and also optional Parents/Partners/Guardians talks for anyone who attends with you. The link to book onto Applicant Day is available here.

The University of Wolverhampton also has the opportunity for you to start up your own society, and there are table tennis tables available in the Students' Union!

Hope this helps!

Helen :smile:
Reply 4
Anyone looking/knows someone looking for private accommodation? I have a room booked at Eden Square but due to personal circumstances I need someone to replace my tenancy. It’s 5 bed, en suite and the room is quite big at 17sqm. Let me know if you’re interested.

Quick Reply

Latest