The Student Room Group

aston university

hi guys
hope ur well

just wanted to know has anyone received an offer from Aston university (esp. Aston business school)? or do you know how long they typically take to give offers?

I applied today (Nov 30th) for an accounting and finance degree.
One of my friends applied for law and got the offer the next day, but another one of my friends also applied for accounting and finance, but still haven't got an offer even though it has been two weeks.

Do the business school take longer to give out offers??
Reply 1
Original post by ronweasley127
hi guys
hope ur well

just wanted to know has anyone received an offer from Aston university (esp. Aston business school)? or do you know how long they typically take to give offers?

I applied today (Nov 30th) for an accounting and finance degree.
One of my friends applied for law and got the offer the next day, but another one of my friends also applied for accounting and finance, but still haven't got an offer even though it has been two weeks.

Do the business school take longer to give out offers??

have u gotten ur offer yet, if not did u meet the grade requirements?
Reply 2
Original post by korey4800f
have u gotten ur offer yet, if not did u meet the grade requirements?

yea i got my offer yesterday
so after 6 days of applying
the requirements were bbb and i had abb
Reply 3

congrats :smile:

hi im in the same boat as you I did my a levels this year and got ABB and a 6 in maths, I did biology psychology and sociology. I originally applied for bio/biomed and then withdrew my place. im also applying for accounting and finance for next year, do you think ill get in? do you know anyone applying to it without a level business/econ? im going crazy worrying! also has your friend received an offer yet? plus congrats on securing a offer too be proud of urself
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by siahateskwl
hi im in the same boat as you I did my a levels this year and got ABB and a 6 in maths, I did biology psychology and sociology. I originally applied for bio/biomed and then withdrew my place. im also applying for accounting and finance for next year, do you think ill get in? do you know anyone applying to it without a level business/econ? im going crazy worrying! also has your friend received an offer yet? plus congrats on securing a offer too be proud of urself

hi ofc you'll be fine!! accounting and finance is the kinda degree that doesnt need specific subjects to be studied before the actual degree, like how u have to study chemistry for medicine etc.
ur subjects are a nice combo and predicted grades are perfect
what unis are u applying to??
thank you so much and yes my friend received an offer around 2 weeks after her application!
hi ofc you'll be fine!! accounting and finance is the kinda degree that doesnt need specific subjects to be studied before the actual degree, like how u have to study chemistry for medicine etc.
ur subjects are a nice combo and predicted grades are perfect
what unis are u applying to??
thank you so much and yes my friend received an offer around 2 weeks after her application!

Hi! Im applying to Aston, BCU, NTU and need help deciding on the last two. Im going for courses that don’t have specific quantitative modules that are like AS level maths. For my one of my other options I want to do HR at Aston but people on here are saying it’s not wise to apply to two different courses in the same business school so conflicted on that, what unis have you applied to?
Reply 7
Hi! Im applying to Aston, BCU, NTU and need help deciding on the last two. Im going for courses that don’t have specific quantitative modules that are like AS level maths. For my one of my other options I want to do HR at Aston but people on here are saying it’s not wise to apply to two different courses in the same business school so conflicted on that, what unis have you applied to?

since u dont rly have two other options i dont see a problem in applying to HR in Aston - u already meet the entry requirements for accounting at Aston, in fact you are one grade above for both GCSE and A-level

for aston i feel like as long as u meet the entry requirements, ur very likely to get an offer, if the course is not very competitive like accounting and HR.

what are the entry requirements for HR? for GCSE and A-level?

i applied to university of birmingham, aston, bcu, ucb, and coventry and i've got all my offers!!
why dont u apply to university of birmingham too??? and then u could also apply for the HR at Aston.
since u dont rly have two other options i dont see a problem in applying to HR in Aston - u already meet the entry requirements for accounting at Aston, in fact you are one grade above for both GCSE and A-level

for aston i feel like as long as u meet the entry requirements, ur very likely to get an offer, if the course is not very competitive like accounting and HR.

what are the entry requirements for HR? for GCSE and A-level?

i applied to university of birmingham, aston, bcu, ucb, and coventry and i've got all my offers!!
why dont u apply to university of birmingham too??? and then u could also apply for the HR at Aston.

Hi, the requirements are BBB and 4 in maths im sure for HR, I would apply to UOB but they need AAA and I have ABB (I got my results I’m on a gap year atm) so I can’t do that and the modules seem very quantitative! I was supposed to be studying biology at UOB this year but didn’t go lol
Reply 9
Hi, the requirements are BBB and 4 in maths im sure for HR, I would apply to UOB but they need AAA and I have ABB (I got my results I’m on a gap year atm) so I can’t do that and the modules seem very quantitative! I was supposed to be studying biology at UOB this year but didn’t go lol

heyy

ohh i see i just applied to UOB because I qualify for the A2B scheme (reduces ur grades by up to 2 grades).

so i think u should definitely apply for the HR at aston i see no problem w that

and for ur 5th option what abt ucb (university college birmingham), coventry university, university of wolverhampton, university of leicester??? (u meet all their requirements).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending