The Student Room Group

Midiwfery Applicants 2023

Applying to midwifery 2023 entry! anyone else?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chantal_

Hey I'm also applying to Midwifery 2023 entry! What unis are you applying to? x
Reply 2

Hey! I've been accepted for Midwifery to start in January :smile: Good luck applying!
Reply 3
Original post by midwifery_123
Hey I'm also applying to Midwifery 2023 entry! What unis are you applying to? x

currently nottingham, york, kcl, leicester and cardiff with nottingham being my top choice what about you!
Original post by amd96
Hey! I've been accepted for Midwifery to start in January :smile: Good luck applying!

Congratulations on getting a place on the midwifery degree course in January and I hope you are looking forward to the next three years of very hard work with it.

A NHS registered midwife
Reply 5

Hi, I am applying for Midwifery 2023 entry! Going to apply at UCLAN, Edge hill, LJM, Salford and Man.
Original post by n2345
Hi, I am applying for Midwifery 2023 entry! Going to apply at UCLAN, Edge hill, LJM, Salford and Man.

Ahhhh how exciting - good luck with your applications :smile::smile:

Rowan
- University of Salford Rep
Reply 7
Original post by University of Salford
Ahhhh how exciting - good luck with your applications :smile::smile:

Rowan
- University of Salford Rep

Thankyou :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Tracey_W
Congratulations on getting a place on the midwifery degree course in January and I hope you are looking forward to the next three years of very hard work with it.

A NHS registered midwife

Thank you for your reply! I'm super excited, but I'm also prepared for all the hard work! :h: How do you find life as a Midwife?
Original post by amd96
Thank you for your reply! I'm super excited, but I'm also prepared for all the hard work! :h: How do you find life as a Midwife?

No worries about replying 😃😃

Yeah being excited about starting the course will be fun until you get started and then the real fun starts ☺️
You'll find the workload can be overwhelming at times especially when you doing all your paperwork.

Keep a pocket notepad in your uniform pocket when you are on placements because when you have the opportunity to do so take down notes of what you have been doing during the shifts and then you can add them to your coursework for future reference because you will need to go through everything you have noted down for any exams or perhaps assignments/ essays okay.

Glad you are ready for all the hard work ahead especially the various shifts patterns you'll do in hospital not so much in the community as different work pattern you do.

I finding life as a midwife great as worthwhile job to see the face's of the new parents when you hand them the baby 🐥. I'm currently working as a band 6 charge nurse midwife as took promotion after about 18 months of graduating and it's been very hard work because of the extra responsibilities that goes with the higher band 6.

I'm a NHS Scotland midwife.
Reply 10
Original post by n2345

good luck!!
Hi am applying for the midwifery 2023. I am super excited and also really nervous. I just really want to get the chance to be offered an interview 😬
Original post by Nicky1310
Hi am applying for the midwifery 2023. I am super excited and also really nervous. I just really want to get the chance to be offered an interview 😬

Put in the hard work for your personal statement and study as much as possible for your interview next year.
Some universities have been sending out information about what you should be researching and revising on for the interview and this is what you should concentrate on if you get this ok.

A NHS registered midwife
Original post by Tracey_W
Put in the hard work for your personal statement and study as much as possible for your interview next year.
Some universities have been sending out information about what you should be researching and revising on for the interview and this is what you should concentrate on if you get this ok.

A NHS registered midwife

Hi Tracey, Thank you for your advice it's truly appreciated. I've already written my personal statement I started mine really early so I could keep tweeting it until I felt it was perfect. I've had a few people proof read it, plus my sister who's a professional Midwife herself just to make sure it's 100%. I've also been reading a lot of case studies and journals just to be update with what's happening. I just read Ockenden report and also Saving babies lives. I have also been memories the 6cs and the 4ps. I am just about to read a case study on perinatal depression which I think will be really interesting. I just want to make sure I have all areas covered.
Original post by Nicky1310
Hi Tracey, Thank you for your advice it's truly appreciated. I've already written my personal statement I started mine really early so I could keep tweeting it until I felt it was perfect. I've had a few people proof read it, plus my sister who's a professional Midwife herself just to make sure it's 100%. I've also been reading a lot of case studies and journals just to be update with what's happening. I just read Ockenden report and also Saving babies lives. I have also been memories the 6cs and the 4ps. I am just about to read a case study on perinatal depression which I think will be really interesting. I just want to make sure I have all areas covered.

Hi Nicky xx
Thanks for your reply back X
It's not a problem giving you advice on things for your application for midwifing.

Yeah that's fine starting early with your personal statement because of how much you need to put into it with a limited number of words and also putting it over excellent so it stand out better from the others you'll be up against. Keep tweeting it until you are 100% happy with it and then you concentrare on revising about the workload the interview process.

That is good you have someone close to you who is a midwife to give you some help about what to do etc.
Unfortunately I haven't read the Ockenden report as don't affect myself ( I'm a NHS Scotland midwife ) as this report is for the English midwifery system due to the amount of bad treatment that came out of some of the hospital trusts in England. I know it's been a horrific story over the years about the midwifery system in England which unfortunately the hospital trusts done nothing about what was happening within there hospitals. Obviously things happened probably throughout the whole of the UK NHS but only coming to light so far in England. It shouldn't have happened 😅.

I am sure you are preparing for things the best possible way and hopefully once you apply and I hope you will be given a interview you'll be ready for it. Like I said previously some universities sending out information about what you are to do for your interview and if you get this then make sure you follow it on top of what you already doing..

Feel free to PM anything you want to ask okay as will do best to give you a answer. Xx
Reply 15
Hi, I am applying for Midwifery 2023 also. Hoping to go to UWE but have also applied to Plymouth and Bournemouth. I am a mature student with a young family, so it'll be a lot to juggle but am also prepared for the hard work.
Out of interest, has anyone applied and heard back yet?

Holly
(edited 1 year ago)
I’ve also just applied! I submitted my personal statement today!😊 I’ve applied to Northumbria, Middlesex, Liverpool John moores, Salford and Oxford Brooke’s.
Yes, just about to send off my application but wondering if applying to january addmission will increase my chances of getting in? I'm looking at brighton, northampton, suffolk, plymouth and worcester :smile:
Original post by ev_ie2022
Yes, just about to send off my application but wondering if applying to january addmission will increase my chances of getting in? I'm looking at brighton, northampton, suffolk, plymouth and worcester :smile:

Hi its does not matter when you send your application in, if its now or January as long as you get it in before the deadline everyone gets exactly the same consideration am afraid. Good luck on you application.
Applying for midwifery 2023! 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending