The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Looking for muslim shared accommodation Manchester

Hiii im moving to manchester and looking to find a house share or apartment to join with muslim females im 19 i work full time. Any advice or links anyone can send.

Scroll to see replies

hey when are you planning on moving? because I'm looking to share an apartment with one other muslim girl for my final year of university from September
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
hi im also looking for accom at the moment have u guys had any updates?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Original post by aliaaaaaaaaaaaa
hey when are you planning on moving? because I'm looking to share an apartment with one other muslim girl for my final year of university from September

hi! even I'm looking for a muslim house share for September. I'm currently staying in M14. Pls let me know if you have any vacancy
Reply 4
Hey guys have you found anything, I am looking too will be starting in September and worried because I haven’t found anything
Reply 5
Hey you can try Hartley halls of residence, I know the reviews on Google are really awful, but I recently moved into the accommodation and it’s a great space, all rooms are en-suite, kitchen is shared. The manager there is very friendly and helpful.
Reply 6
Hey thank you but it’s fully booked for 2023😭
Reply 7
Original post by adss
Hey thank you but it’s fully booked for 2023😭

literally in the same position even though ive been trying to find a place since the beginning of june, praying the application portal gets fixed soon and i get my top choice. (being super aspirational atm lol)
Reply 8
We could always get something together x
Reply 9
There are 2 bedroom apartments that are quite cheap, I think found something but too scared to embark on this alone
Reply 10
Original post by adss
There are 2 bedroom apartments that are quite cheap, I think found something but too scared to embark on this alone

They said it will get fixed by the end of this month if it’s still broken let’s just get the apartment yolo💀💀
Reply 11
Omgg yesss, I didn’t want to use the uni portal because there is no way I am doing uni accom, I’ll keep looking but I’m scared they are all gonna be gone by the end of the month, because it was a struggle finding the one I did

Original post by aleen1
They said it will get fixed by the end of this month if it’s still broken let’s just get the apartment yolo💀💀
Why only muslims? Do you not believe in ethnic diversity?
Original post by DavidKurten23

Maybe because they don’t want to live with racist bigots like you David
Reply 14
Original post by adss
Omgg yesss, I didn’t want to use the uni portal because there is no way I am doing uni accom, I’ll keep looking but I’m scared they are all gonna be gone by the end of the month, because it was a struggle finding the one I did

Ye igu, let’s try with the portal first and if it goes horribly let’s do private (prices gonna b insane and there’s gonna b such limited options) BUT ILL DEFFO LOOK FOR SOME AS A BACKUP.
Reply 15
Original post by DavidKurten23

It’s not about ethnic diversity lmao u can be a muslim and be any ethnicity. This thread is actually about muslim girls (a minority) finding other people that share the same values as them so they can live comfortably without worrying about things like being around alcohol, drugs, men (muslim or not they gotta go), and other haram stuff etc.

Of course we don’t mind spending time with people of different religions/backgrounds but it would make everyone more comfortable if they didn’t have to restrict themselves around us and vice versa.
Reply 16
I’ve seen that private isn’t actually expensive, I know a lot of ppl who preferred private
Reply 17
Original post by adss
I’ve seen that private isn’t actually expensive, I know a lot of ppl who preferred private

Oh that isn’t too bad then, I thought that private accom was more tailored to international students but i might be wrong. Also I kinda want to meet people that are also in 1st yr and the experience the whole moving out thing before I make the decision to get a private en-suite or something in 2nd yr.
Reply 18
Original post by adss
Hey guys have you found anything, I am looking too will be starting in September and worried because I haven’t found anything

Omg I’m struggling too! Have you got an Instagram ? 18 muslim girl starting in sept too
Reply 19
Original post by aleen1
Ye igu, let’s try with the portal first and if it goes horribly let’s do private (prices gonna b insane and there’s gonna b such limited options) BUT ILL DEFFO LOOK FOR SOME AS A BACKUP.

I emailed the uni for a muslim or at least only girls dorm and en-suite and they said they said they couldn’t do that due to the cyber attack and to wait until the portal is back up :/ everywhere else is so expensive and can’t guarantee Muslims!! Or girls only which sucks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending