The Student Room Group

UoM freshers muslim (female)

do any muslim girls want to b friends before uni starts in september.
i’ll probably be getting a studio so i’m nervous about making friends

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by anon12m

omg yes i'd love to!! What will you be studying??
Reply 2
Original post by onlyiki
omg yes i'd love to!! What will you be studying??

pharmacy hopefully : ))))) what will u b studyfingg
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by anon12m
pharmacy hopefully : ))))) what will u b studyfingg

Oooh that's so cool!! If all goes well, I'll be doing French Arabic :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by onlyiki
Oooh that's so cool!! If all goes well, I'll be doing French Arabic :smile:

that sounds so smart omgg. r u going to b living in halls or commuting
Reply 5
Original post by anon12m

Hi! Honestly i've been dreading freshers, but apparently Isoc at UoM puts on some good events, so i'll probably go to those. I'm going to be doing medicine inshallah, what about you?
Reply 6
Original post by anon12m
that sounds so smart omgg. r u going to b living in halls or commuting

in halls inshallah!! I live kinda far from manchester. I'm also sooo scared of the people that I'm going to be with tho, hopefully they're nice and CLEAN. Wbu???
Reply 7
Original post by fizzzzzzzz
Hi! Honestly i've been dreading freshers, but apparently Isoc at UoM puts on some good events, so i'll probably go to those. I'm going to be doing medicine inshallah, what about you?

pharmacy inshallah
i was worried about that aswell coz all i see is people drinking during freshers. but i had a look at some of the societies at UoM and they had like arts and craft society and day trip society etc, so like hopefully there's no drinking and stuff at societies like that
Reply 8
Original post by onlyiki
in halls inshallah!! I live kinda far from manchester. I'm also sooo scared of the people that I'm going to be with tho, hopefully they're nice and CLEAN. Wbu???

sameee, ive seen such scary things online LIKE RATS AND THOSE FILTHY KITCHENS.
I'm lowkey expecting the worst- but I emailed the accom office for a girls only so hopefully its a bit tidier idk
Reply 9
Hi
Reply 10
I wish I knew some people before starting uni. It's just so hard and I have find private accommodation since the uni is gender mixed
Reply 11
Original post by anon12m
I'm lowkey expecting the worst- but I emailed the accom office for a girls only so hopefully its a bit tidier idk

Does Manchester uni offer girls only accommodation?
Reply 12
Original post by ifif4
Does Manchester uni offer girls only accommodation?

You can request it! It's not guaranteed but a girl ik who's in first year now said that most her friends who requested it got it, so it's worth applying! Just apply normally then email the accom people. Apparently the single sex ones tend to be mainly muslim girls as well, so that's a plus!
Reply 13
You can request it! It's not guaranteed but a girl ik who's in first year now said that most her friends who requested it got it, so it's worth applying! Just apply normally then email the accom people. Apparently the single sex ones tend to be mainly muslim girls as well, so that's a plus!

ok i didn't know that thanks
Reply 14
Original post by ifif4
ok i didn't know that thanks

haha no worries. what are you planning on studying?
Reply 15
haha no worries. what are you planning on studying?

I am going to be studying podiatry at university of brighton
Reply 16
Original post by anon12m

Omg I didn't know that you could request a girls only accom!!! I simply thought that I'd have to pray and hope for the best. I'll send them an email right now cause I've had literal nightmares about having a man in my accom lol.
and yes I wouldn't be able to handle rats or like them flies in the kitchen. like big NO. i will straight up pack my bags and LEAVE. Have you already chosen your 5 accom??
Reply 17
Original post by onlyiki
Omg I didn't know that you could request a girls only accom!!! I simply thought that I'd have to pray and hope for the best. I'll send them an email right now cause I've had literal nightmares about having a man in my accom lol.
and yes I wouldn't be able to handle rats or like them flies in the kitchen. like big NO. i will straight up pack my bags and LEAVE. Have you already chosen your 5 accom??

Hi,
Are you going to manchester uni?
Reply 18
Original post by ifif4
Hi,
Are you going to manchester uni?

yesss, are you??
Reply 19
Original post by onlyiki
yesss, are you??

No I'm going to brighton

Quick Reply