The Student Room Group

Pharmacy interview Birmingham University

For those who have interviews for Pharmacy 2023, my interview today was NOT to do with ‘why have you chosen pharmacy’ and ‘what are your strengths and weaknesses’, i was given a scenario shown on a short video and asked questions on how i should approach the situation. I was not prepared for this but i thought it would be useful to help other out :smile:
The first question they asked me was what experience do you have in a pharmacy. They then went on to the video and only asked me questions based on the video!
I just had my interview with Birmingham and thats exactly how it was!
Original post by qwenifer
I just had my interview with Birmingham and thats exactly how it was!

Glad I could help! I was so unprepared for that style of question so I didn’t actually get a place at Birmingham😩 It wasn’t my first choice but still a bit of a bummer because I got into every other uni I applied for :smile:
omg what no way!!! im so sorry! they dont deserve you! honestly, I saw this 15 mins before my interview so I didn't do much else to prepare. Idk if mine went well because the interviewer wasn't that great? I just felt like he was unfriendly and cold and wanted to be anywhere else but my interview lol. and because of that my confidence fell a bit. Luckily Birmingham is also not my first choice :/
Original post by helpingpeopleout
Glad I could help! I was so unprepared for that style of question so I didn’t actually get a place at Birmingham😩 It wasn’t my first choice but still a bit of a bummer because I got into every other uni I applied for :smile:
Original post by qwenifer
omg what no way!!! im so sorry! they dont deserve you! honestly, I saw this 15 mins before my interview so I didn't do much else to prepare. Idk if mine went well because the interviewer wasn't that great? I just felt like he was unfriendly and cold and wanted to be anywhere else but my interview lol. and because of that my confidence fell a bit. Luckily Birmingham is also not my first choice :/

Awh thank you! My interviewer was quite cold as well, a lot of people I know doing pharmacy have said the same, I think they’re just trying to keep it fair by not showing any kind of encouragement to anyone. I wish Bham kind of explained to people what the interview was going to be based on. I’m glad I’m not going there anymore since it feels like all they care about is grades and first impressions:/
Yess same! they didn't tell us anything about what the interview would be like unlike the other unis I've applied for. And yes I agree it sucks that they dont seem to care about us as individuals. Bham was my first interview as well so idk what to expect for my other interviews :s-smilie:. Do you mind me asking where you have applied to? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending