The Student Room Group

Edip 2023

Hi, I thought I would create a thread since I have not seen one for this year yet! Has anyone heard anything back after the interview?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hey, yeah i got an offer on thursday
Reply 2
Congratulations! I received an offer last week Tuesday. Still waiting for more information from the department.
Original post by redcandy
Congratulations! I received an offer last week Tuesday. Still waiting for more information from the department.

Have they said anything to you yet?
Got rejected after the interview stage. What a waste of time
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 5
Original post by MKUltraWorked
Got rejected after the interview stage. What a waste of time

Please don’t beat yourself up! You passed all the initial stages and were able to even get to the interview stage! That’s an amazing achievement! Use this as a stepping stone for the Summer Internship Programme next year. Wishing you all the best!
Hi guys, I was wondering if we are all attending EDIP on the same dates or if there were multiple weeks. I have an offer that clashes with the week my offer is for (17th to 21st) and was wondering whether it was worth asking the civil service if I could move to a different week. Are all of you also attending for the week commencing the 17th?
Reply 7
I think the civil service EDIP programme is only on the 17th-21st April. I’m not sure that they have other weeks.
Has anyone picked their departments yet? I'm still waiting for the EDIP to send me further details.
Reply 9
Original post by Cha200145
Has anyone picked their departments yet? I'm still waiting for the EDIP to send me further details.

The last email i got was to see if im available for the dates - nothing about departments
I’m also waiting for further details. I was sent the google form to fill in, have not heard anything since last Tuesday
Original post by 3908
The last email i got was to see if im available for the dates - nothing about departments

Yh same it was a google form

Have you heard back about any arrangements?

I was doing some research and saw that last years EDIP was virtual…I really hope it will be in person :/
I had sent an email, and they said it will be likely one day in the office and then the rest of the internship is virtual or partially in person and the rest virtual. They said it depends on the office/department.
I was really hoping for completely in person internship.
I had sent an email, and they said it will be likely one day in the office and then the rest of the internship is virtual or partially in person and the rest virtual. They said it depends on the office/department.
I was really hoping for completely in person internship.

Sorry I’m so confused, so it won’t be in London for the dates they stated. I’m assuming they will want us to come to London for a day and then go back the same day ? I don’t think it was advertised correctly…
Many thanks for your email.

The internship will be hybrid with some going into office part-time, or just once. This varies depending on the department you have been allocated to.

Kind regards,

Diversity Internships team

This was the email I received after asking if the internship would be face to face or virtual.
I do agree that the advertising was a tad misleading, as it was written that location would be in London.
(edited 1 year ago)
Many thanks for your email.

The internship will be hybrid with some going into office part-time, or just once. This varies depending on the department you have been allocated to.

Kind regards,

Diversity Internships team

This was the email I received after asking if the internship would be face to face or virtual.
I do agree that the advertising was a tad misleading, as it was written that location would be in London.

The advertisement also stated we would get a parliamentary tour which I was looking forward to :/ Have you received an email since last week, I haven’t been given any updates..
Original post by S.929229
The advertisement also stated we would get a parliamentary tour which I was looking forward to :/ Have you received an email since last week, I haven’t been given any updates..

Unfortunately I still didn't receive anything from them since last week.
They said in an email last week that we should hear from them at the beginning of this week, and then radio silence.
I didn't know w that we were supposed to have a parliament tour, I hope we will have that at the very least
Unfortunately I still didn't receive anything from them since last week.
They said in an email last week that we should hear from them at the beginning of this week, and then radio silence.
I didn't know w that we were supposed to have a parliament tour, I hope we will have that at the very least

Same…this was the overview of the placement that was advertised on their website. “EDIP 2023”

“Day 1: Begins with a welcoming event and an introduction to your host department.

Days 2-3: You'll shadow a Fast Streamer at work, where you’ll have the opportunity to attend meetings and gain insight into the Civil Service. You’ll also attend a selection skills and networking event.

Day 4: The following day you will attend a parliamentary tour (or similar) and then continue shadowing a Fast Streamer.

Day 5: Finally, you will attend a large closing reception with inspiring speakers for a great send-off”

All of which was supposed to happen “in-person” London. The overview is what made me apply, really baffled that it was altered last minute :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending