The Student Room Group

Very low on participants for my psychology research dissertation

I'm doing a psychology dissertation exploring the impact of internet activities on selective and divided attention. This required participants to do an experiment face-to-face on campus using the software, Superlab. They also completed a short survey.My problem is that I was only able to get 22 participants as a lot of people dropped out and it was really difficult getting people in-person as opposed to doing an online Qualtrics survey which most of my peers did. My first draft for my dissertation is due in just over 2 weeks so I obviously can't recruit any more participants. I've spoken to my supervisor about it multiple times and he has reassured me it will be okay. I don't think I'm going to get significant results as my sample size is so low but this will be something I talk largely about in my discussion section. Just really stressed that this is gonna affect my overall grade and was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience/can give me reassurance or advice?
I have the same problem. I only managed to recruit 1 and I need 5. It is proving a major challenge to the point where I'm jeopardising being able to this research dissertation at all!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending