The Student Room Group

A level English language paper 2 NEA ideas

I'm doing AQA for English language and I need ideas for what to do for the paper 2 English language NEA (in terms of gender). What ideas do you have for the NEA? (eg interviews between a guy and girl, etc.)
Reply 1
Original post by amazingwafflesz
I'm doing AQA for English language and I need ideas for what to do for the paper 2 English language NEA (in terms of gender). What ideas do you have for the NEA? (eg interviews between a guy and girl, etc.)

For your AQA English Language NEA (Non-Exam Assessment) focused on gender, there are several interesting and engaging ideas you can explore. Here are a few suggestions to get you started:

Gender Roles in Fairy Tales: Analyze and compare traditional fairy tales to explore the portrayal of gender roles and stereotypes. You can create a series of rewritten fairy tales, presenting alternative gender dynamics, and discuss the impact of these changes.

Gendered Language in Advertising: Investigate how language is used in advertising to target specific genders. Analyze advertisements from various industries and explore the linguistic techniques employed to reinforce gender stereotypes or challenge them.

Gender Representation in Media: Examine the representation of gender in different forms of media, such as films, TV shows, or music videos. You can analyze specific examples and discuss how they perpetuate or challenge traditional gender norms.

Gendered Language in Social Media: Explore the use of gendered language and its effects on social media platforms. You can analyze conversations, comments, and hashtags to discuss how language choices impact discussions related to gender.

Gender and Education: Investigate the influence of gender on educational experiences. You can conduct interviews or surveys with students and teachers to gather data on their perspectives and experiences related to gender in educational settings.

Gendered Language in Sports Commentary: Analyze sports commentary and discuss how language choices and biases may affect the perception of gender in sports. Examine the differences in commentary between men's and women's sports and their potential impact on equality and representation.

Gender Identity and Representation in Literature: Explore the portrayal of gender identity and expression in literature. Analyze contemporary novels or plays that tackle themes related to gender identity, and discuss their significance in shaping understanding and acceptance.

Gender and Online Gaming Communities: Investigate the experiences of individuals within online gaming communities in terms of gender. Analyze the challenges and opportunities faced by male, female, and non-binary gamers, and explore potential strategies for fostering inclusivity.

Remember, these are just starting points, and you can modify or combine ideas to suit your interests and research goals. Consult your teacher for guidance and ensure your topic aligns with the specific requirements and assessment criteria of the AQA English Language NEA. Good luck with your project!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending