The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Pick up from airport station/train station

Hello everyone, I am a Malaysian student that will be studying at the University of Liverpool this September. My friends and I are planning to book our flight but we are wondering if there is any student community that offers some guidance to bring us to our accommodation and help us settle things down, maybe give us a tour around the campus? Or is there anyone we can get in touch with for such services? Many thanks :biggrin:
Original post by hellosummer
Hello everyone, I am a Malaysian student that will be studying at the University of Liverpool this September. My friends and I are planning to book our flight but we are wondering if there is any student community that offers some guidance to bring us to our accommodation and help us settle things down, maybe give us a tour around the campus? Or is there anyone we can get in touch with for such services? Many thanks :biggrin:

try contacting uol directly and seeing what they might have in place?

what are you and your friends studying? i might see you there once i decide where to go
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Hi there,

So for International arrivals there is a service provided by the University to collect you, if you are arriving at Manchester Airport. If you are arriving at a different airport yu will need to make your own way. In terms of campus tours I advise you to arrive a week before your teaching starts (i.e. at the start of Week 0 / Welcome / Freshers week), there are regular campus and city tours and lots of informative and fun events to help you settle in all week!

Let me know if you want to know anything more about all of this :smile:

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Helloo

Yes, we are arriving at Manchester Airport, but I was told that there are only certain days that the University offer this service and the details of those dates will not be released until July. But since we are buying the flight tickets soon, we would like to make sure that our transportation from the airport to our accommodation is secured. May I know around when does the University release the details for international arrivals?

And yes! We are arriving one week before the orientation week, so we have the time to familiarise ourselves with the surroundings hahaha

Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hi there,

So for International arrivals there is a service provided by the University to collect you, if you are arriving at Manchester Airport. If you are arriving at a different airport yu will need to make your own way. In terms of campus tours I advise you to arrive a week before your teaching starts (i.e. at the start of Week 0 / Welcome / Freshers week), there are regular campus and city tours and lots of informative and fun events to help you settle in all week!

Let me know if you want to know anything more about all of this :smile:

Helloo

Yes, we are arriving at Manchester Airport, but I was told that there are only certain days that the University offer this service and the details of those dates will not be released until July. But since we are buying the flight tickets soon, we would like to make sure that our transportation from the airport to our accommodation is secured. May I know around when does the University release the details for international arrivals?

And yes! We are arriving one week before the orientation week, so we have the time to familiarise ourselves with the surroundings hahaha

Hi there,

That's great. I am unsure which dates the University offers the service sorry, as these dates are not released until July. If there is no service offered on your dates there is a direct train to Liverpool Lime Street, or you can arrange your own airport taxi service who will bring you to your accommodation directly. I can give you a few options for this service.

I hope this is helpful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending