The Student Room Group

Which train station do you travel to for UNIQ?

So apparently there are 2 train stations in Oxford.
Because of health reasons I've been told it's okay for my mum to drop me by car, but I've been asked to get to the train station so we can walk in groups to our college. We're only told where each of us will be staying once we get there.
Which train station will I have to be dropped off at then? Kinda wish they'd just tell us colleges in advance because I'm gonna suffer if I have to lug a suitcase with my health conditions.
Hiya,

I'm not sure where you found information about two train stations: as far as I know, there's only the one train station on Park End Street. It has a car park /bus area just in front of the main entrance, so your mum should be able to drop you off without any problems.

Have you explained to the organisers/liason person about the difficulty in carrying your own luggage? I'm sure they would be happy to get someone to wheel your luggage for you.

Have a lovely time at UNIQ! :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Hiya,

I'm not sure where you found information about two train stations: as far as I know, there's only the one train station on Park End Street. It has a car park /bus area just in front of the main entrance, so your mum should be able to drop you off without any problems.

Have you explained to the organisers/liason person about the difficulty in carrying your own luggage? I'm sure they would be happy to get someone to wheel your luggage for you.

Have a lovely time at UNIQ! :biggrin:

Yeah, I thought there might only be one- thanks😭
And I've already emailed so many times about numerous issues that I'm almost scared to pester them again about the whole luggage thing haha.
But thanks :smile:
Original post by TeaOnRice
And I've already emailed so many times about numerous issues that I'm almost scared to pester them again about the whole luggage thing haha.

Please don't see it as pestering: they're there to support you in whatever way they can and it's important to make any accessibility requirements known :hugs:
Please don't see it as pestering: they're there to support you in whatever way they can and it's important to make any accessibility requirements known :hugs:

Oxford does have two railway stations, Oxford railway station close to the center of the city and Oxford Parkway to the north of Oxford on the Bicester line. The latter station was refurbished, renamed and opened in 2015. You will want the main Oxford railway station.
To repeat the message above, let the UNIQ organizers know of any accessibility requirements in advance and they will make sure there is someone to help you.
Original post by BetaVersion2.9
Oxford does have two railway stations, Oxford railway station close to the center of the city and Oxford Parkway to the north of Oxford on the Bicester line. The latter station was refurbished, renamed and opened in 2015. You will want the main Oxford railway station.
To repeat the message above, let the UNIQ organizers know of any accessibility requirements in advance and they will make sure there is someone to help you.

Ah my bad :colondollar:
Ah my bad :colondollar:

Forgot to mention the western route (Botley Road) into Oxford is currently closed until October. If you're travelling to Oxford by car there is a diversion in place to the railway station.
Original post by TeaOnRice

did they reply to you? if they are aware of your health status, i hope they let your mother drop you off at the college
Reply 8
Original post by beautifulworld
did they reply to you? if they are aware of your health status, i hope they let your mother drop you off at the college

They offered taking me by taxi to college but I chose to just walk lol because I didn't want to be out of the loop from the rest of the group. But my mum was allowed to pick me up from college at the end!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending