The Student Room Group

Help new here

How to get a grade 6 for triple science? I need a 5 to be able to do psychology for a level but I want to get a 6
what do you need help with? is it exam technique or knowledge of content?
Original post by Mekyy
How to get a grade 6 for triple science? I need a 5 to be able to do psychology for a level but I want to get a 6

You just need to practise! If you want a more detailed response, could you tell me if you have any specific problems during your revision? Is it a lack of motivation, resources, understanding or something else?

Any problems should be identified and rectified, the first of them being (if present) a lack of understanding for the content.I advise asking for help from teachers/watching youtube clips/using your textbooks to help you understand the content your are trying to revise. If you don't understand it, you are stuck so that needs to be dealt with first. Secondly, motivation - there is very little I can do about this to encourage you to study, you just have to tell yourself to do it, really. With this there will come sacrifices of your time spent doing other things you want to be doing, and there's no way around this unless you're very efficient with your time. I'm not saying you need to be revising days and nights, but just know your priorities. Then there comes the issue of the actual means of revision. How do You revise? What do You do? The most effective ways are using practise papers, using flach cards, practising exam questions regularly and going over notes from class (doing read cover write check, sort of like you would for flash cards). and teaching others what you've learnt. Another really useful tool is your exam board's specification, which gives an outline of what you need to know for your subject.

A very useful website that you may or may not have heard of for past papers/revision/flash cards/questions by topic is https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest