The Student Room Group

Physics question

Please could someone explain part iii of this question, it says the gradients are different due to a different specific heat capacity but the same substance is being heated?
Thanks!
Attachment not found
image.jpg
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Ashirs
Please could someone explain part iii of this question, it says the gradients are different due to a different specific heat capacity but the same substance is being heated?
Thanks!image.jpgimage.jpg

In short, because the substance is in different states. You can google to find the specific heat of ice and water.
The gradient is related to the specific capacity of the substance in the respective state. (I would leave it for you to prove it).
Reply 2
Original post by Eimmanuel
In short, because the substance is in different states. You can google to find the specific heat of ice and water.
The gradient is related to the specific capacity of the substance in the respective state. (I would leave it for you to prove it).

Thank you
Original post by Eimmanuel
In short, because the substance is in different states. You can google to find the specific heat capacity of ice and water.
The gradient is related to the specific heat capacity of the substance in the respective state. (I would leave it for you to prove it).

There are some corrections.

Quick Reply

Latest