The Student Room Group

Commercial Banking vs Audit Apprenticeship

I've applied for school leaver roles and I've received an offer for two different roles and I'm unsure which is the best for me. The audit apprenticeship is a level 7 qualification (2 years AAT then 3 years ACA) from a top 10 accounting firm and the CB apprenticeship is a Financial Services Professional L6 qualification - Commerical banking pathway (2 years), with an option to progress to a level 7.

I tried researching about Commerical Banking, but Investment Banking kept coming up. The qualification I'd get is in the commercial banking pathway, not IB, so any help regarding CB would be appreciated.

I wanted to compare the two, in terms of future career opportunities I'd get and how much progression is available. I've also seen some posts on here about how auditing seems to get tedious over time, whereas banking may seem more interesting? Someone also said how banking is a competitive industry where your progression could depend more on your social skills and how you put yourself out there, but audit is not at all and mostly depends on how long you've been at the role for. But then again, every time I search about CB in particular, IB always comes up.

Any help would be appreciated :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
with the audit apprenticeship that gives u the ACA, U can deffo go into commercial banking/investment banking in the future with it as the aca is a world recognised qualification but with the financial services qualification you cant go into auditing. Personally id say do the audit apprenticeship(may be a bit biased lol as im gonna be an audit apprentice at kpmg next autumn and i wanna potentially move into banking once its over) as it opens more doors

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending