The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Digital making facilities at Kingston!

Ever wondered what the digital making workshop offers?
Ever heard of 3D printing or laser cutting before?

Tucked away at the back of the 3D workshops, the hackspace digital making workshop at Kingston University offers a range of facilities like, 3D printing, laser cutting, metal engraving, and digital fabric printing! Although more often used by product students, the digital making workshop facilities are especially helpful in introducing new materials and techniques into my designs as a fashion student. :wink:

If you are interested in using the digital making facilities, do remember to book a consultation beforehand. After the consultation, you can then book a file submission appointment to submit your digital file and use the facilities. During the consultation, remember to ask how to prepare your files as each machine has specific requirements. Furthermore, it will be helpful if you brought spare material, as some facilities like metal engraving require a few tests before getting it just the way you want. Aside from buying your own materials, do note that you will have to pay to use some of the machinery in the digital making workshop and there is a time restriction of 3 hrs per student each week. Fortunately, prices are quite reasonable(depending on how fast your project will take) and costs about £2.5 per 30 mins!

Are you excited to try the digital making facilities at Kingston University? Interested and want to find out more? Feel free to drop down your questions below and I’ll try my best to answer them! :colondollar:

Zhi En (BA Fashion):smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending