The Student Room Group

How to apply for apprenticeships when haven't done GCSE yet

So currently i have found some vehicle technician apprenticeships near my area but the only problem is that they end either this month or next month. I haven't done my GCSEs yet, well not until in may when i start my actual gcse exams.
Since the apprenticeships require me to have a GCSE, how do apply for one when having not gotten a qualification at that time?
Original post by ChrisK054
So currently i have found some vehicle technician apprenticeships near my area but the only problem is that they end either this month or next month. I haven't done my GCSEs yet, well not until in may when i start my actual gcse exams.
Since the apprenticeships require me to have a GCSE, how do apply for one when having not gotten a qualification at that time?

In your application and CV, you specify your predicted grades. This is normal.

It’s the same for A levels grades when applying for uni, and university graded when applying for graduate jobs.

Level 2 and 3 apprenticeships are more forgiving if you don’t actually achieve predicted grades. Graduate jobs and universities may give you conditional offers based on the grades you actually get, however, an apprenticeship may allow you to resit key skill equivalent courses during your apprenticeship. So don’t worry about it.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending