The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Living in Surbiton

As a first year student at Kingston University, I have had the pleasure of living in Surbiton for the past few months. When I first heard that I would be living in Surbiton, I must admit I was a bit apprehensive. I had heard very little about the area and was unsure of what to expect. However, after just a few months here, I can confidently say that living in Surbiton has been an incredible experience.

Let's start with the night life. If you're looking for a wild night out, then Surbiton may not be the first place that springs to mind. However, if you're after a more laid-back evening with friends, then this area has plenty to offer. From cosy pubs to lively bars, there's something for everyone. One of my personal favourites is The Black Lion, which I go to every Tuesday with my friends for a pub quiz, even though we never win!😂

In terms of the general area, Surbiton is a beautiful town that has something for everyone. The town center is filled with quaint shops and cafes, perfect for a lazy Sunday afternoon stroll. There are also plenty of green spaces, including Fishponds Park and Victoria Recreation Ground. Also, Seething Wells student accommodation is located right next to the River Thames and you can walk along it in either direction to either Kingston town centre or Hampton Court Palace.

One of the best things about living in Surbiton is the shopping options. Kingston town centre is just a 5-minute bus ride away and offers a huge variety of high street shops and independent boutiques. But Surbiton itself also has some great shops, including vintage stores and independent bookshops. As well as this, it has all of the supermarkets you would need; including Sainsburys, Waitrose and M&S!

When it comes to train access, Surbiton is unbeatable. Surbiton station is just a few minutes' walk from Seething Wells, and offers frequent trains to London Waterloo, making it the perfect base for exploring the capital. The journey takes just 18 minutes, meaning you can easily pop into London for a day out, or stay late to catch a show or concert.

All in all, living in Surbiton has been a fantastic experience. With its combinations of shops, location and unbeatable train access to London, it's the perfect place for students who want to explore everything that the capital has to offer.

Yasmin (BA design marketing)
was this written by an AI?
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
What are some good vintage shops in Surbiton?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending