The Student Room Group

sharing GCSE motivation!

hey guys, thought since GCSEs are fast approaching, i’d share my motivation and goals, and hopefully you guys can share yours too, so we can all motivate each other. these are the grades i’m hoping for:
maths: 8
science: 8 8
german: 9
english lit: 9
english lang: 9
history: 8/9
rs: 9
geography: 9
thing really motivating me to revise is wanting to get all 8s and 9s. i’d also really like to be proud of myself on results day and make my parents proud, and i know i’d enjoy the summer more knowing that i’d worked really hard for my exams.
please share your motivation!
my goals are to want to exist tomorrow and to pass my damn a levels. vibe queen, get those grades :dancing2:
hi I was just wondering if u have any tips for German for revision cause I'm literally so bad at all of it and I really wanna get my grade up? thxxx
Original post by s006
hey guys, thought since GCSEs are fast approaching, i’d share my motivation and goals, and hopefully you guys can share yours too, so we can all motivate each other. these are the grades i’m hoping for:
thing really motivating me to revise is wanting to get all 8s and 9s. i’d also really like to be proud of myself on results day and make my parents proud, and i know i’d enjoy the summer more knowing that i’d worked really hard for my exams.
Reply 3
personally, i find the reading and listening quite hard so i try to guarantee myself as many marks as possible in the speaking and writing, because those are the ones you have the most freedom for. speaking is the only part of the test where you can know what the questions are and prepare them, so make sure you have them perfectly memorised. at my school, our teacher gives us set phrases that look really good to examiners, that you can use in use in the speaking and writing, so if you memorise set phrases that have a confusing word order, you can whack them in anything (eg ich interessiere mich für…). reading and listening are harder but you just have to practice them, especially with grammar gap fills. if you’re stuck, it might help to pay attention to the speaker’s tone a listening - my friend got a whole question right just by listening to if they sound happy or sad. for those reading ones with the king text, they normally go in chronological order, so just search for key words in between the anders to the others, and you can probably get it right by just picking out a phrase that seems reasonable enough in that general area. sorry this wasn’t super helpful; for a lot of it i’m just good at remembering the vocab from class. it’s important to learn exam technique, since that’s what you have to rely on if you just don’t know what the words mean, so do as many practice papers as possible and make sure to mark them and write down where you went wrong and think about why so you can actually learn from it. hope this helped at least a little :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by s006

heyy i'm curious how do u revise for gcse history?? idk what to do so i jus answer practice exam style qs but idk lol

Quick Reply

Latest