The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

royal holloway

can i ask what it's like to be at royal holloway? does everyone really leave on the weekends, and is the nightlife okay? i want to go there, but i'd like to know if the experience there is isolating or dull in any way.
hey! i'm a current student here and i was also worried about the same thing. from my experience, no, people don't go home on the weekends. you will make friends here quite quickly, so you'll have things to do with them.

Stuff usually to do :
- there's a pub 1 minute away from campus with frequent events and discounts (and another two nearby), with karaoke nights, 'two for Tuesday' etc
- parties every monday at Medicine (on campus), which are themed and free entry. they also have some on Wednesday, but not as many people go then, so monday is the day to go
- parties every friday at the Student Union (you need to get tickets for these though), but its worth going if you see a theme you like. this is a bigger venue so almost always, there are more people that attend these
- people host house parties, most often in george elliott accommodation, go go go
- central ldn isn't far away, its like 30 mins by train and it isnt expensive so from time to time, my friends and i just go

honestly the only 'dull' part for me was when i was in my room, but literally just be out and about most of the time w friends and you'll be good.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending