The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

royal holloway - diversity

Royal Holloway is my dream university however i’ve been worried over how diverse it is. From what i’ve heard it’s mostly white students (which i obviously have no problem with) but i would feel much more comfortable with people from the same background as me, I come from an Algerian muslim background and i’m wondering if anyone knows if the uni is diverse in terms of pocs, north africans and muslims. I wish the university website had some sort of data including % of ethnicities.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Royal Holloway is my dream university however i’ve been worried over how diverse it is. From what i’ve heard it’s mostly white students (which i obviously have no problem with) but i would feel much more comfortable with people from the same background as me, I come from an Algerian muslim background and i’m wondering if anyone knows if the uni is diverse in terms of pocs, north africans and muslims. I wish the university website had some sort of data including % of ethnicities.

Hiya, I go to royal Holloway and can happily say that its diverse enough for me to be Comfortable (i am middle eastern). There are loads of diverse societies with 1/3 of students here being from countries outside of the UK. Statistically it is majority white however 28% of all students here are South Asian within this there is a large number of muslin students and a significant amount of support for and within this group.

https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/media/15308/undergraduate%20student%20performance%202019/20.pdf
above is a link to the stats regarding student % including ethnicity and background

I hope this helps and please feel free to ask more questions.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by dark-blue-mob
Hiya, I go to royal Holloway and can happily say that its diverse enough for me to be Comfortable (i am middle eastern). There are loads of diverse societies with 1/3 of students here being from countries outside of the UK. Statistically it is majority white however 28% of all students here are South Asian within this there is a large number of muslin students and a significant amount of support for and within this group.

https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/media/15308/undergraduate%20student%20performance%202019/20.pdf
above is a link to the stats regarding student % including ethnicity and background

I hope this helps and please feel free to ask more questions.

thank you very much! this was very helpful!

Hi there,

At Royal Holloway, we want to establish a diverse community where everyone succeeds, is included, and feels that they belong! Royal Holloway is a multi-faith community, with many different beliefs represented on campus and excellent cooperation between faiths both on campus and in the local community.

The numerous on-campus faith groups include the RHUL Islamic Society (ISoc), who arrange daily Muslim prayers and classes. We also have various societies for example the Middle Eastern and North African MENA Society who put on events such as MENA movie nights, shisha nights, cuisine nights, Dabake sessions, game nights as well as annual MENA ball. Royal Holloway has close links with the Islamic Welfare Association of West Surrey, which was formed in 1986, to serve the Muslim community in and around Royal Holloway University of London.

You can find out more about student life at Royal Holloway here: https://royalholloway.ac.uk/student-life/

I hope this helps!

Best wishes,
Royal Holloway, University of London Rep

I’m also thinking of applying there , are you applying forundergraduate ?i am also Algerian but female
Reply 5

I am Tunisian and have applied to this University and from people I know who go there it is diverse and will not need to worry!.
Reply 6
Hey, there I have also applied to Royal Holloway this year and is my dream uni as well. I have also been worried about the diversity but from what ive heard it's actually quite good. I have received and offer to study there have you? If so we could talk more?
Original post by mg893762
Hey, there I have also applied to Royal Holloway this year and is my dream uni as well. I have also been worried about the diversity but from what ive heard it's actually quite good. I have received and offer to study there have you? If so we could talk more?
hi! congratulations on your offer! I haven’t received mine yet, if I do get one I would love to talk more! :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous #2
hi! congratulations on your offer! I haven’t received mine yet, if I do get one I would love to talk more! :smile:
Thanks, what have you applied for?
Thanks, what have you applied for?
biomed, what about you? :smile:
Original post by Anonymous #2
biomed, what about you? :smile:

Sorry, for the late reply. i have been so busy with mocks. i have applied to do law! Have you received any news or updates about your course?
Reply 11
Sorry, for the late reply. i have been so busy with mocks. i have applied to do law! Have you received any news or updates about your course?

hi! no worries, i ended up getting an offer like 2 weeks ago :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending