The Student Room Group

What's stopping people from lying to get into college?

My college application went pretty easily. I applied, no proof needed, and then they sent me a letter telling me I had an interview. I went to the interview, again, no proof of identity needed. What's up with that? Shouldn't there be more security to check that I'm not some random with no GCSEs?
Nah, they will prob do their own checks, but it's not really a 'photo id and certificates up front' deal.
When my daughter went to enrolment day for her sixth form college, they wanted to see proof of ID (she used her provisional license), and a GCSE statement of result (or actual certificates, for the exams that had been taken the year prior).

So yeah, nothing at the interview, but they do check once you go to enroll.
Similar to uni interviews really. Rare that you bring evidence of your quals to the interview itself. You’d either submit documentation later, or it’d be verified online via your ULN.
Original post by emnaaerymanlto
My college application went pretty easily. I applied, no proof needed, and then they sent me a letter telling me I had an interview. I went to the interview, again, no proof of identity needed. What's up with that? Shouldn't there be more security to check that I'm not some random with no GCSEs?

some of the ones I applied to got in contact from my secondary school to make sure I wasn't lying about predicted grades/attendance, etc.

Quick Reply

Latest