The Student Room Group

One-night stand blocked me and I'm catching feelings

I had a one-night stand with a guy almost a week ago. I'm also a guy. We met on social media and he was only visiting the UK for a few days from Canada. We met up a day later and had sex. Straight after we finished the deed, he left so abruptly and claimed that he had to leave to do something (I now know that he was lying). He then told me that we would talk later, so I was excited.

However, a few hours later, he sent me a text telling me that it was a drunken mistake (on his part) and that he didn't mean to lead me on and then blocked me. For the past 5-6 days, I've been so upset but I can't seem to get him out of my head. I think about him all the time and I've been watching him on his other socials (he doesn't know my account on them). It's so bad that I even want to follow him so bad and speak to him, but he would know that it's me. I don't know what to do and it's not like me to behave like this.
Stop checking his social media. You're just torturing yourself. Make plans to hang out with friends or meet new people to keep your mind occupied.
Reply 2
Original post by pasqualito
I had a one-night stand with a guy almost a week ago. I'm also a guy. We met on social media and he was only visiting the UK for a few days from Canada. We met up a day later and had sex. Straight after we finished the deed, he left so abruptly and claimed that he had to leave to do something (I now know that he was lying). He then told me that we would talk later, so I was excited.

However, a few hours later, he sent me a text telling me that it was a drunken mistake (on his part) and that he didn't mean to lead me on and then blocked me. For the past 5-6 days, I've been so upset but I can't seem to get him out of my head. I think about him all the time and I've been watching him on his other socials (he doesn't know my account on them). It's so bad that I even want to follow him so bad and speak to him, but he would know that it's me. I don't know what to do and it's not like me to behave like this.

You'll get over him eventually, just try not to pursue him or make him notice you. If he's interested he'll come back to you, but I doubt that will happen.
Sounds like you’re looking for some emotional connection that he plainly has no interest in.

Chalk it off as a ONS and log off socials for a while.
it is painful. the hurt will be there until it leaves

could you focus your attention on an activity or another person who treats you better? :smile:
Reply 5
Thank you for the advice guys. It's honestly so hard, idk why I'm feeling like this and the temptation to message them is so great. But, I've listened to what you guys have said and I'll try to occupy my mind on something else.
Original post by pasqualito
Thank you for the advice guys. It's honestly so hard, idk why I'm feeling like this and the temptation to message them is so great. But, I've listened to what you guys have said and I'll try to occupy my mind on something else.

it's good that you are open to moving on from him. imagine yourself a year from now: you would feel glad that you moved on to better people and didn't waste time dwelling on him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending