The Student Room Group

my appearance

i dont wanna be that type of person that always relies on what guys think but i kinda am.
I'm not totally ugly but im not like a model
I would say i hate my skin bc i have acne and acne scarring which can make me look like i have an uneven skintone in weird lighting. I've been told that i dont have an asymmetrical face but when i use that tiktok filter, i swear my eyes are not even just a little and idk if people are lying or they're telling the truth. I never had a bf, dont have a crush either. I'm quite a shy person but i do make friends easily and i can keep a conversation up. I have made eye contact with guys where i smile and they smile back but that doesn't happen in school, that happens in places where i barely go to so idk.The only thing i can think of that makes guys hate me is my height, i'm 5'11 so its obvious that they can feel threatened or just hate me bc of that. but by the sounds of it, is there smt im missing? why dont more guys talk to me in school or outside of school? even when i try to put myself there.
Reply 1
I mean, it's not necessary that you need to base your self-worth on what boys think about you.....boys are inherently attracted to physical features (for the most part), but the fact that you're overanalysing this makes it worse........if people are telling you that your face isn't asymmetrical, but by using that tiktok filter, you're actively making an issue where there isn't one, you're becoming your own worst enemy.

Just leave it to when it's supposed to happen......there's nothing wrong with not having a boyfriend or a crush. If you can keep up a convo, that's all that should really matter, everything else is just superficiality.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
Are you a teenager referring to attention from guys at your school or college? :confused:

Try not to worry about not getting compliments or dating attention from some guys who are full time students.
Different people often have very different attraction dealbreakers, beauty standards, dating preferences and ambitions.
As long as you are reasonably active, approachable, healthy, have good personal hygiene and a positive mindset- you will meet plenty of single guys over the years who will be keen to date or hookup.
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending