The Student Room Group

Just finished Year 1, little work experience or part-time jobd

Only did an internship from February to April, otherwise I don't think I have anything I can add. I did DoFE but that was in Year 10 so I don't think it counts.

I'd think about doing a tutoring job but I can barely remember or do basic maths and english that's taught to primary kids.

Not sure where to look for part-time work either, just so stressful.
Original post by School Life
Only did an internship from February to April, otherwise I don't think I have anything I can add. I did DoFE but that was in Year 10 so I don't think it counts.

I'd think about doing a tutoring job but I can barely remember or do basic maths and english that's taught to primary kids.

Not sure where to look for part-time work either, just so stressful.

Don't worry about not having any experience at 14/ 15 years old as how many people at this age have any sort of experience apart from perhaps doing a paper round.

I would add any sort of experience you have done on the application form.

I had no experience when I applied at 15 with boots ( quite a few years ago now as only work part-time) but yet I got offered the job.
Maths and English for tutoring would probably be a requirement but you'll have to check out what the actual requirements are for doing this particular job.

You could apply for a job with boots but if you are unfortunately under 15 then you won't be able to until you are 15 and over. Try your local wee shops who'll be hopefully looking for someone to help them with filling up shelves etc.
Reply 2
Original post by Littleemma98
Don't worry about not having any experience at 14/ 15 years old as how many people at this age have any sort of experience apart from perhaps doing a paper round.

I would add any sort of experience you have done on the application form.

I had no experience when I applied at 15 with boots ( quite a few years ago now as only work part-time) but yet I got offered the job.
Maths and English for tutoring would probably be a requirement but you'll have to check out what the actual requirements are for doing this particular job.

You could apply for a job with boots but if you are unfortunately under 15 then you won't be able to until you are 15 and over. Try your local wee shops who'll be hopefully looking for someone to help them with filling up shelves etc.

I'm 18 and nearly turning 19.

The internship is the only thing I can add to my CV + online work experience from GSK. I study Pharmacology and the internship was a consulting one based on a pharmaceutical company. Maybe this sounds good but I don't know.

Otherwise the only other thing I can think of is that at home I'm busy because I help my mother look after my blind siblings with homework. But I'm not sure & I don't think I can add it to my CV since there's no "proof" of it.

Next year I'll be applying for a scheme where 2nd years tutor 1st years on University life, then later in Semester B I'll do another internship advertised.

Otherwise I have nothing else, and I don't know what I want to do when I graduate...
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending