The Student Room Group

Succession: The series is…..

The series succession just feels like one with a storyline headed nowhere, and features a bunch of characters with personality disorders.

Does anyone share the same thought?
Reply 1
Yes, I feel after the first season the story line has slowed down alot! But I still love it because I have become attached to the characters haha. I feel like I am a part of a big rich messy family when I watch it.

Have you tried the show severance? Kind of similiar themes but the pace and storyline is great
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by loralai
Yes, I feel after the first season the story line has slowed down alot! But I still love it because I have become attached to the characters haha. I feel like I am a part of a big rich messy family when I watch it.

Have you tried the show severance? Kind of similiar themes but the pace and storyline is great

OMG! You’ve just described how I feel! I’m 4 seasons in and I don’t even care about the storyline anymore; the drama is getting scalding hot and I’m hooked! I’m loving the crazy madness they’ve got going on. Also, thanks for the recommendation, I’ve been looking for an equivalent!! Now I’ve got sth to binge on, while I wait for another new episode of succession to be released!
Reply 3
Well it's a character based show over a plot based show, I tend to prefer character over plot.
Reply 4
Original post by Bio 7
Well it's a character based show over a plot based show, I tend to prefer character over plot.

I’m straddling the two sides along just to ensure proper comprehension, because it’s quite obscure language they speak. I’m starting to appreciate the provocative characters and the plot is beginning to get intéressante!
Reply 5
I feel it’s a show that could’ve been a true great but got lost in the show runner and writers wanting to tell everyone how clever they are.

Similar to pretty much all of Aaron Sorkin’s work.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Mess.
I feel it’s a show that could’ve been a true great but got lost in the show runner and writers wanting to tell everyone how clever they are.

Similar to pretty much all of Aaron Sorkin’s work.

Yes! I very much got this vibe from the characters’ scripts! Everyone was trying to sound esoteric; it’s very easy to get lost in that bauble.
Reply 7
Original post by LegalTom
OMG! You’ve just described how I feel! I’m 4 seasons in and I don’t even care about the storyline anymore; the drama is getting scalding hot and I’m hooked! I’m loving the crazy madness they’ve got going on. Also, thanks for the recommendation, I’ve been looking for an equivalent!! Now I’ve got sth to binge on, while I wait for another new episode of succession to be released!

Me too!
Let me know how you like it :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by loralai
Me too!
Let me know how you like it :smile:

I’m totally loving the mystery, already! *Squeals*!! Feel eerie and bizarre, but I’ll come back and tell you how I find the first season!! *Squeals with both fists hovering by the cheeks*
Reply 9
Original post by loralai

What have you done to me? 😭😭 Severance isn’t season 2 ready😩 What happens to them after 😭 Somebody put me out of my misery 😭
Reply 10
Original post by LegalTom
What have you done to me? 😭😭 Severance isn’t season 2 ready😩 What happens to them after 😭 Somebody put me out of my misery 😭

sorry! I should have mentioned the craziest cliffhanger ending 😂 It should be coming out this year but I cannot find a show that fills the void in the mean time 🥲 it was so gripping
Reply 11
Original post by loralai
sorry! I should have mentioned the craziest cliffhanger ending 😂 It should be coming out this year but I cannot find a show that fills the void in the mean time 🥲 it was so gripping

Hopefully it does. I just want Mark to get back with his poor wife 😭 Whilst waiting, have you seen Fleabag or crashing? They’re both great comedic watch!
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest