The Student Room Group

A-level Further Maths Study Group 2023-2024

:hello: Welcome to the A-level Further Mathematics Study Group! :hello:

This is where you can chat with other students studying the same subjects as you and support each other as you head towards your exams :grouphugs:

You can post any useful tips and resources that you come across, offer support to others, share your successes, or just have moan when it gets tough! :yes:
Just remember, it’s against the site rules to ask for or offer any copyrighted papers, or to take conversations off-site to do these things. Posts that break these rules will be removed.

A few possible ice breaker questions are:
What exam board are you with?
What do you enjoy most about this subject/ course?
What area do you struggle with in this subject/ course?

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yeah:

(edited 7 months ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Thanks @probably_sane, I've updated your post to match the others and added it to the directory of study groups :smile:
great, thanks
Reply 4
Hello.

I'm doing edexcel

Calculus and complex numbers

I struggle to get my head around statistics

Reply 5
Hi everyone! Year 12

WJEC exam board

Weirdly I'm enjoying stats most at the moment, even though I hate it in normal maths. Pure is my fave though

Mechanics is interesting but tricky - I'm also the only student in my class taking it who doesn't take physics so that's probably why I'm slower at it

Original post by probably_sane

This is where you can chat with other students studying the same subjects as you and support each other as you head towards your exams :grouphugs:

You can post any useful tips and resources that you come across, offer support to others, share your successes, or just have moan when it gets tough! :yes:
Just remember, it’s against the site rules to ask for or offer any copyrighted papers, or to take conversations off-site to do these things. Posts that break these rules will be removed.

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yeah:

i take edexcel, i enjoy most of further maths as the content is quite interesting but its the tests that gives me the shivers and i struggle quite a lot with further mechanics and the content itself is fine for core pure it’s just the questions….
Reply 7
Hey
I study MEI OCR B.
I enjoy most of the topics in maths but the part which I struggle with more would be Further Mechanics.
Reply 8

Hi! I'm in year 12. Studying AQA. I love the pure: roots of polynomials, sequences and series ect. Really struggle with mechanics though. Everyone else does physics but I don't 😬.
Reply 9
Original post by shaw867
Hi! I'm in year 12. Studying AQA. I love the pure: roots of polynomials, sequences and series ect. Really struggle with mechanics though. Everyone else does physics but I don't 😬.

Same with me! Although luckily we’re all struggling in mechanics at the moment so I don’t feel so alone 😭
Reply 10
Original post by study23!

Same with me! Although luckily we’re all struggling in mechanics at the moment so I don’t feel so alone 😭

That's something at least 😭. The other's in my class love it because they do physics and I just hate it! Have you started stats? Im looking forward to it.
Hi I'm in yr 13 who just fumbled mocks and got a C when my predicted grade is an A*. :frown:(
Reply 12
Original post by shaw867
That's something at least 😭. The other's in my class love it because they do physics and I just hate it! Have you started stats? Im looking forward to it.

We have 3 different teachers to split pure stats and mech. Stats is nice, we all like stats right now even tho we hate it in normal maths haha. I like concepts in mech sometimes but it's the one I find I get in class, not on paper

Hi, I am in CIE doing A level maths 9709
from India
How do i know if im ready for Further Math , and what are some qualificatioms for it?
How Hard is it
How good should i be at A levl math for FM
IS fm worth it and what are the benefits of taking it

Quick Reply

Latest