The Student Room Group

i’m

so i have cheated on a mock exam before and was never reported to the exam board but in my art gcse i made mistake by forgetting to put my phone away and was then seen by a teacher by trying to switch it off and so i’m not sure if the mock issue will also effect my consequences and if it does what will happen
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
did the teacher say anything to you when she saw you
Original post by f2fr
so i have cheated on a mock exam before and was never reported to the exam board but in my art gcse i made mistake by forgetting to put my phone away and was then seen by a teacher by trying to switch it off and so i’m not sure if the mock issue will also effect my consequences and if it does what will happen

Mocks exams are administered internally. The exam board won't be involved in any consequences / repercussions. It'll be up to your school to decide what action (if any) to take.
Original post by DataVenia
Mocks exams are administered internally. The exam board won't be involved in any consequences / repercussions. It'll be up to your school to decide what action (if any) to take.

I think they cheated on their actual art gcse.
Reply 4

that’s what i thought as well but my teacher said that it will be involved and will tell the exam board about it
Reply 5
Original post by toxicgamage56
I think they cheated on their actual art gcse.

no not my art i cheated in a mock
Original post by f2fr
no not my art i cheated in a mock

What about the incident with the phone ("i made mistake by forgetting to put my phone away and was then seen by a teacher by trying to switch it off")? Was that another mock? Or was that the actual GCSE?
Reply 7
What about the incident with the phone ("i made mistake by forgetting to put my phone away and was then seen by a teacher by trying to switch it off")? Was that another mock? Or was that the actual GCSE?

yes this was a actual gce but we had to basically put our phones in our bag and so i forgot to very stupid of me but i did and i was going to switch it off and hand it to the invigilator but she saw me as i was switching it off and took it without knowing the reason of having it
Original post by f2fr
yes this was a actual gce but we had to basically put our phones in our bag and so i forgot to very stupid of me but i did and i was going to switch it off and hand it to the invigilator but she saw me as i was switching it off and took it without knowing the reason of having it

OK. So according to JCQ's Suspected Malpractice Policies and Procedures, an example of malpractice would be a candidate "bringing into the examination room or assessment situation ... iPods, mobile phones, MP3/4 players, pagers, or other similar electronic devices". So its malpractice just to have brought it into the room.

In terms of sanctions, Appendix 6 provides some examples. For "Mobile phone or similar electronic devices ... in the candidate’s possession but no evidence of being used by the candidate" the sanction listed is "loss of marks", and could be "loss of all marks gained for a section", "loss of all marks gained for a component;" or "loss of all marks gained for a unit".

I can find no further guidance as to which would apply.
Reply 9
OK. So according to JCQ's Suspected Malpractice Policies and Procedures, an example of malpractice would be a candidate "bringing into the examination room or assessment situation ... iPods, mobile phones, MP3/4 players, pagers, or other similar electronic devices". So its malpractice just to have brought it into the room.

In terms of sanctions, Appendix 6 provides some examples. For "Mobile phone or similar electronic devices ... in the candidate’s possession but no evidence of being used by the candidate" the sanction listed is "loss of marks", and could be "loss of all marks gained for a section", "loss of all marks gained for a component;" or "loss of all marks gained for a unit".

I can find no further guidance as to which would apply.

okay thanks but would you say i could get disqualified from all my exams ?
Original post by f2fr
okay thanks but would you say i could get disqualified from all my exams ?

Not according to that document, no, because there was (from what you've said), "no evidence of [the phone] being used by the candidate".

Quick Reply

Latest