The Student Room Group

A-level Maths Papers (Edexcel)

Hi, I have completed all the past, mock and specimen papers for A-level edexcel maths, and have done some twice. But now I have run out of resources to use. What papers are the best? International A-level C34? Or C4/C3? Are these too easy? Thanks
(edited 11 months ago)
Are you sure that what you've done isn't enough? I mean it's literally 70% for an A*, and you seem like you've done more than enough. Ig you could do some practice questions from the textbook, but I feel that to be excessive.
Reply 2
Original post by toxicgamage56
Are you sure that what you've done isn't enough? I mean it's literally 70% for an A*, and you seem like you've done more than enough. Ig you could do some practice questions from the textbook, but I feel that to be excessive.

That is true, but I want to maintain what I know until the exam. Maybe just redoing the papers I did longest ago? Because my first exam is on the 6th June
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Har6547
Hi, I have completed all the past, mock and specimen papers for A-level edexcel maths, and have done some twice. But now I have run out of resources to use. What papers are the best? International A-level C34? Or C4/C3? Are these too easy? Thanks

I'd recommend trying post 2018 past papers from other exam boards. The content is basically the same, just ignore any references to the large data set. The difficulty level will be similar to Edexcel past papers.

Also a while back I converted some old spec papers to new spec difficulty which you may find useful:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5950328
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Har6547
That is true, but I want to maintain what I know until the exam. Maybe just redoing the papers I did longest ago? Because my first exam is on the 6th June

Yeah you could do that, but honestly I think you're fine if you're prepared that much. Your ability to do maths won't just go away. I know people that score very highly having done no past papers, so you sound very prepared. If you have any other subjects that you find difficult, it would be worth spending more time on them, especially since you have a half term coming up too. You could try other boards for questions, just look for topics that align - maybe check out some of AQA's past papers, because they have some hard questions.
Reply 5
How are you all revising?
Reply 6
Original post by toxicgamage56

I think focus on your weaker topics then do questions from websites like exam solutions as well as questions from the book to polish up on your knowledge
Reply 7
Original post by Har6547

Have you asked your teacher for all the practice papers on the Emporium?

Edexcel produce so many additional resources ...

Quick Reply

Latest