The Student Room Group

gcse 2023 english literature

Does anyone know how to effectively strcutre paragraphs for english lit paper 1 ? like some say do intro then 4 paragraphs then conclusion is that right?
Reply 1
Original post by ayesha7860
Does anyone know how to effectively strcutre paragraphs for english lit paper 1 ? like some say do intro then 4 paragraphs then conclusion is that right?

do you do edexcel english lit? if so, for the 20 marker extract analysis i would do either 3 highly detailed paragraphs, or 4 kind of detailed. for the whole text analysis 20 marker, i would do a short introduction, 3 paragraphs and then a conclusion.
Reply 2
Original post by ayesha7860

Its good to have 3 main points and 4 paragraphs. The first paragraph to do with the extract you have been given (and introduction). The second would be about your first point and the beginning of the play/novella (act 1/2). The third, second point and the middle of the play/novella (act 2/3/4). The final paragraph should be about your final point and end of the play/novella (act 4/5) and in this paragraph you can blend in a conclusion that links with your introduction. Also i know you didn't ask for this but i like to use a main point, analysis, secondary interpretation and effect when structuring paragraphs! Best of luck !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending