The Student Room Group

HPQ Topic Ideas

Hi everyone! I’m planning on doing an HPQ (higher project qualification) and I want to focus my research on anything biology - as that’s my favourite subject! And I feel like there’s a broad range of things I can complete the qualification on. Please could someone suggest me some possible research topics as I’m pretty lost on what to do so far (preferably anything biology related would be very much appreciated, but I’m also open to ideas of other subjects!).
Original post by Ann2009
Hi everyone! I’m planning on doing an HPQ (higher project qualification) and I want to focus my research on anything biology - as that’s my favourite subject! And I feel like there’s a broad range of things I can complete the qualification on. Please could someone suggest me some possible research topics as I’m pretty lost on what to do so far (preferably anything biology related would be very much appreciated, but I’m also open to ideas of other subjects!).

speeding up evolution using science and tech?
bringing back species
how creatures of different planets could adapt to their environment(using another atmospherical gas for respiration)
inequality through diagnosis of minorities
animals/creatures that could've adapted to live on different elements if that makes sense(humans on land, fish in water) i saw an article abt this on some science website it was really cool
if the neanderthals were breeded out rather than killed out
viruses and protist throughout history
Reply 2
Original post by useless-dismay
speeding up evolution using science and tech?
bringing back species
how creatures of different planets could adapt to their environment(using another atmospherical gas for respiration)
inequality through diagnosis of minorities
animals/creatures that could've adapted to live on different elements if that makes sense(humans on land, fish in water) i saw an article abt this on some science website it was really cool
if the neanderthals were breeded out rather than killed out
viruses and protist throughout history

Thank you so much! These are rlly helpful! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest