The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Undergraduate Accommodation 2023-2024 (Imperial College London)

i'm starting this thread cause i haven't seen any major ones talking about imperial accommodation for the upcoming academic year

it would be great if current or recent first-year students could relay any information about:

- the application process
- your experience with your accommodation (quality, community, facilities, etc.)
- anything you would have wanted to know when you were applying in retrospect

the listed undergraduate accommodation for the 2023-2024 year are:

- beit hall
- eastside hall
- southside hall
- wilson house
- kemp porter buildings
- woodward buildings

thanks in advance!

edit: if any other offer-holders have specific questions, mention them below
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
I'm also very curious especially as we have to pick in the next couple of weeks! Hoping this thread picks up

What are the social lives like in each one? Are any quieter/ more outgoing in general?
(edited 11 months ago)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Marvel_fan
I'm also very curious especially as we have to pick in the next couple of weeks! Hoping this thread picks up

What are the social lives like in each one? Are any quieter/ more outgoing in general?

From a second (going to 3rd) year Aero student I talked to:

"In first year, I initially was in an accommodation called Pembridge Halls, which I believe they have got rid of so I won't go into detail about this (if they have brought it back, stay away from it at all costs). I then moved to Beit Hall in March (cause Pembridge was so bad), which proved to be a great decision as Beit turned out to be thoroughly enjoyable, with it obviously being a great location and with plenty of socials. KP and Woodward are renowned for being the social accoms, and all the people I know who had the best first year times, happened to live in those two accoms. Although they are further than the rest, I would highly recommend KP and Woodward. If I were to rank, based off of socials: 1) KP, 2) Woodward, 3) Beit."
Reply 3
Original post by rfrost
From a second (going to 3rd) year Aero student I talked to:

"In first year, I initially was in an accommodation called Pembridge Halls, which I believe they have got rid of so I won't go into detail about this (if they have brought it back, stay away from it at all costs). I then moved to Beit Hall in March (cause Pembridge was so bad), which proved to be a great decision as Beit turned out to be thoroughly enjoyable, with it obviously being a great location and with plenty of socials. KP and Woodward are renowned for being the social accoms, and all the people I know who had the best first year times, happened to live in those two accoms. Although they are further than the rest, I would highly recommend KP and Woodward. If I were to rank, based off of socials: 1) KP, 2) Woodward, 3) Beit."

Thanks that's really useful :smile:
I’m currently living in Kemp Porter. I would say compared to the other halls this is definitely the most social and also the biggest. The room is also the most modern out of all the halls. Although it’s further out, the journey to campus really isn’t that bad
Reply 5
Original post by fortified_shi
I’m currently living in Kemp Porter. I would say compared to the other halls this is definitely the most social and also the biggest. The room is also the most modern out of all the halls. Although it’s further out, the journey to campus really isn’t that bad

I visited the North Acton area, travelling from South Ken by tube, and the journey wasn't too bad. Is the tube rlly busy in the mornings?
Original post by rfrost
I visited the North Acton area, travelling from South Ken by tube, and the journey wasn't too bad. Is the tube rlly busy in the mornings?

Yes, busy going in between 7:30-9 but you’ll get on, it will get busier at later stops. And it’s even busier if you’re coming back at like 6pm
Reply 7
Original post by fortified_shi
Yes, busy going in between 7:30-9 but you’ll get on, it will get busier at later stops. And it’s even busier if you’re coming back at like 6pm

was it quiet last thursday, coz i took the tube at 6 from ken to acton and it was basically empty. The whole area around the accoms was too.
Original post by rfrost
was it quiet last thursday, coz i took the tube at 6 from ken to acton and it was basically empty. The whole area around the accoms was too.

not sure why this is, there were tube strikes last week i think, so even if some are running it makes it a lot quieter, most people don't go into work or uni those days
I'm really concerned that the tube travel from Woodford or Kemp Porter will take too long to get to Imperial, is it really quite straightforward? The other halls closer to Imperial are so expensive! but if a travel card is needed for the tube daily surely it pays to live closer to campus anyway?? Many thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending