The Student Room Group

AQA Sociology - Education Paper 1

Hi, Does anyone know key sociologists for the Differentials Education achievement (Ethnicity, Gender and Social Class) - Maybe like 5 sociologist for each topic

Example... Key sociologist that you would include in a 30 marker ethnicity question.

Sorry if the question is to complicated, i'm kinda panicky cuz i keep forgetting all the sociologist
Original post by Potterheads123
Hi, Does anyone know key sociologists for the Differentials Education achievement (Ethnicity, Gender and Social Class) - Maybe like 5 sociologist for each topic

Example... Key sociologist that you would include in a 30 marker ethnicity question.

Sorry if the question is to complicated, i'm kinda panicky cuz i keep forgetting all the sociologist

sewell is a major theorist for ethnicity and also talks briefly about gender in regards to boys achievement, gillborn, murray and flaherty
social class = douglas, bourdieu and oakley
gender = you can just say feminists would argue since it is primarily them who are critical. but barber, mitsos and brown for gender (boys), mitsos and browne for girls coursework as well.

it doesn't seem like a lot but considering a 30 marker, you'd only need two theorists in your main body paragraphs and then an opposing view for evaluation x

Quick Reply

Latest