The Student Room Group

How are your GCSE’s going?

Hey guys,
As a uni student now, I remember how nerve wracking GCSE’s were!
How did you all find them?
What are you wanting to do with the GCSE’s you do get?

Emily <3
Reply 1
i feel like i’m not gonna get all a*s cuz of my art mark but my exams are going pretty decent since i’ve studied so hard :smile: i didn’t need to get into college since i’m staying at sixth form and taking english lit, history, economics, french, and epq and hopefully i’ll apply to some of my dream unis next year for law
Reply 2
Original post by hanstudies
i feel like i’m not gonna get all a*s cuz of my art mark but my exams are going pretty decent since i’ve studied so hard :smile: i didn’t need to get into college since i’m staying at sixth form and taking english lit, history, economics, french, and epq and hopefully i’ll apply to some of my dream unis next year for law

4 A levels and an EPQ? Too much ... what are you thinking of studying at uni?
Reply 3
Original post by Muttley79
4 A levels and an EPQ? Too much ... what are you thinking of studying at uni?

i’m in wales, not the english system, my school basically required us to put down 4 choices and i don’t know anyone around me who’s not doing 4 a levels lol

Hey @hanstudies
I absolutely loved English lit at a level. It’s a lot of quotes though! Nice one for putting the work in, it’s gonna pay off 100%. And wow law!? Where are you thinking of going?

Emily <3
Reply 5
i’m in wales, not the english system, my school basically required us to put down 4 choices and i don’t know anyone around me who’s not doing 4 a levels lol

Oh yes you are still doing modular A levels aren't you?
Reply 6
Original post by Muttley79
Oh yes you are still doing modular A levels aren't you?

yes i'm pretty sure lol
Reply 7
Original post by Manchester Met - Student Rep
Hey @hanstudies
I absolutely loved English lit at a level. It’s a lot of quotes though! Nice one for putting the work in, it’s gonna pay off 100%. And wow law!? Where are you thinking of going?

Emily <3

it's still somewhat far away (ish) but i'm thinking of applying to oxford, bristol, exeter, durham?? (it's kinda far) and maybe warwick but yeah idk i'll have to find 5 choices somehow
it's still somewhat far away (ish) but i'm thinking of applying to oxford, bristol, exeter, durham?? (it's kinda far) and maybe warwick but yeah idk i'll have to find 5 choices somehow

Ay that sounds epic :smile:
Best wishes
Emily<3
it's on and off for me. i'm actually resitting my gcse exams as i didn't end up passing english, maths and biology in 2022. so far, i think it's been going okay? i don't feel so good about maths as i find it really hard though. i'm hoping to go back to my old school and do triple health and social care (which equals to 3 alevels basically) :smile:
Original post by ilovejeongin143
it's on and off for me. i'm actually resitting my gcse exams as i didn't end up passing english, maths and biology in 2022. so far, i think it's been going okay? i don't feel so good about maths as i find it really hard though. i'm hoping to go back to my old school and do triple health and social care (which equals to 3 alevels basically) :smile:

Hi @ilovejeongin143
I really struggled with Maths too! Numbers are a struggle for me. Hope it goes well, glad you’re finding it ok so far! 3 a levels would be amazing to leave with and it’s a really good target to push your self to do.

good luck

Emily <3
Original post by Manchester Met - Student Rep
Hi @ilovejeongin143
I really struggled with Maths too! Numbers are a struggle for me. Hope it goes well, glad you’re finding it ok so far! 3 a levels would be amazing to leave with and it’s a really good target to push your self to do.

good luck

Emily <3

thank you so much emily <3 i'm not sure if you have exams or not at the moment but hope ur doing well ^^

Quick Reply

Latest