The Student Room Group

Are gcse grades good enough for LSE

I’d like to go to lse after I finish a levels (maybe international relations or politics or similar , not sure yet)but I don’t think my gcse results will be good enough :frown:
I got:
9 (literature)
8 (business, geography, rs, english lang)
7 (Spanish - remarking)
Then 76 in science, 6 in maths
It’s s lot worse than I was expecting so will they find it alright, as long as I do well in the a levels (tsking lit, geog, sociology and econ, but I think I’ll drop one) Bearing in mind I go to a private school, it doesn’t really perform that well in comparison with others but it still probably counts as privileged or whatever
Reply 1
Original post by Georg0
I’d like to go to lse after I finish a levels (maybe international relations or politics or similar , not sure yet)but I don’t think my gcse results will be good enough :frown:
I got:
9 (literature)
8 (business, geography, rs, english lang)
7 (Spanish - remarking)
Then 76 in science, 6 in maths
It’s s lot worse than I was expecting so will they find it alright, as long as I do well in the a levels (tsking lit, geog, sociology and econ, but I think I’ll drop one) Bearing in mind I go to a private school, it doesn’t really perform that well in comparison with others but it still probably counts as privileged or whatever

All your GCSE grades are above 6's so you should be fine. Your A levels matter more, although your maths grade and English language grade do get looked at, and how many grades you got above 6's holistically. So overall, you don't need to worry, just work hard in your A levels and do lots of extracurriculars and supercurriculars. You'll do well!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending