The Student Room Group

Fear of rejection

Hello,
I am an international student from a caribbean island called Trinidad and I have a quick question. Can u get a rejection from University of Leicester?
Even though i made this my firm choice and it is a conditional offer since I have not done my exams I am still scared I am going to get rejected.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
Hello,
I am not quiet sure of what you are asking.
If you applying for University, it is best to keep your options board. Where you came from it doesnt really matter.
What matters, it is actuall your grades from the college you have attened. If you have good/bad grades, there is always an option to get into the university. See the university criteria and also email them for a better understanding.
I'd suggest you to wait for the exams and attend the open days (ask question in relation to your field)

Good luck.
Original post by AJ_28
Hello,
I am an international student from a caribbean island called Trinidad and I have a quick question. Can u get a rejection from University of Leicester?
Even though i made this my firm choice and it is a unconditional offer since I have not done my exams I am still scared I am going to get rejected.

Why have you got an unconditional offer if you haven't done your exams yet? What does your offer state?
Reply 3
Original post by AJ_28
Hello,
Even though i made this my firm choice and it is a unconditional offer since I have not done my exams I am still scared I am going to get rejected.

If it says it is an unconditional offer, it means that no matter the circumstances, you are going to be let in into the university.
Original post by ageshallnot
Why have you got an unconditional offer if you haven't done your exams yet? What does your offer state?

Apologies i should have not said that i did not do my exams. I am doing CAPE exams which are separated into two units. In lower six which is (grade 11) to you i wrote 3 exams in which I was able to use these results for my application process.

I am currently in upper six (grade 12) and my first exam starts tomorrow. My offer states that i should get grade 2's which is equivalent to a BBB (i am not too sure how UK grades work). I just have this fear that what if i dont get the grades that University of Leicester want resulting in a rejection since I may get something lower.

P.s. I also hear about clearing days too
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by KaikE2345
If it says it is an unconditional offer, it means that no matter the circumstances, you are going to be let in into the university.

Are u sure?🥲

What if i dont get their required grades which are grade 2's (equivalent to a BBB) will i still be rejected?
Original post by DipaliDavda
Hello,
I am not quiet sure of what you are asking.
If you applying for University, it is best to keep your options board. Where you came from it doesnt really matter.
What matters, it is actuall your grades from the college you have attened. If you have good/bad grades, there is always an option to get into the university. See the university criteria and also email them for a better understanding.
I'd suggest you to wait for the exams and attend the open days (ask question in relation to your field)

Good luck.

Thanks much, appreciate your guidance
Original post by AJ_28
Apologies i should have not said that i did not do my exams. I am doing CAPE exams which are separated into two units. In lower six which is (grade 11) to you i wrote 3 exams in which I was able to use these results for my application process.

I am currently in upper six (grade 12) and my first exam starts tomorrow. My offer states that i should get grade 2's which is equivalent to a BBB (i am not too sure how UK grades work). I just have this fear that what if i dont get the grades that University of Leicester want resulting in a rejection since I may get something lower.

P.s. I also hear about clearing days too

Well, if you have to get "grade 2's" that's a condition. Therefore your offer is not unconditional.

If you don't meet those conditions then Leicester might reject you. It would depend on how many spaces they have available after admitting all those who did meet their offer, and how close you were to the required grades.
Reply 8
If you don't get the grades it says on your offer you will be automatically rejected from Leicester. However, if you got the grades for your insurance choice you will be automatically accepted by them. If you miss your Leicester grades very narrowly you should ring them as soon as you get your results and explain that you're a 'narrow miss'. They may be willing to accept you anyway depending on how many people met their offers and if they have spaces left. If Leicester says you can still go and that's what you want to do you would need to tell your insurance choice that you won't be going to them.
Reply 9
Original post by username6141503
Are u sure?🥲

What if i dont get their required grades which are grade 2's (equivalent to a BBB) will i still be rejected?

Right, you need to make sure that you have got an unconditional offer, an unconditional offer means that whatever grades you will get, you will get into the university. If they have given you the grades that you need to get in order to go to the university, then that is not an unconditional offer but rather a conditional offer. A conditional offer means that you need certain grade requirements in order to get into the university.
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by yesjess73
If you don't get the grades it says on your offer you will be automatically rejected from Leicester. However, if you got the grades for your insurance choice you will be automatically accepted by them. If you miss your Leicester grades very narrowly you should ring them as soon as you get your results and explain that you're a 'narrow miss'. They may be willing to accept you anyway depending on how many people met their offers and if they have spaces left. If Leicester says you can still go and that's what you want to do you would need to tell your insurance choice that you won't be going to them.

This isnt true you will not be automatically rejected. Leicester will look at whether they have spaces and if so will look at nearest misses. They could accept or reject you. It is up to them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending