The Student Room Group

Didn't put a cross in the box - Edexcel A level Geography

I forgot to put a cross in the box to mark which question I was answering in my geography exams. Will I lose the marks for those sections? I did manage to only answer questions in one of the sections and ignore the questions in the other one, i.e only answer questions in the coasts section. Will this be sufficient in terms of indicating which section I was answering or does it go through a scan or something and it won't get marked?
Reply 1
Original post by archiejh
I forgot to put a cross in the box to mark which question I was answering in my geography exams. Will I lose the marks for those sections? I did manage to only answer questions in one of the sections and ignore the questions in the other one, i.e only answer questions in the coasts section. Will this be sufficient in terms of indicating which section I was answering or does it go through a scan or something and it won't get marked?

Yes they will mark it and you should be fine, as long as you only did one section- so coasts OR glaciers.
Reply 2
Original post by thegoat_51
Yes they will mark it and you should be fine, as long as you only did one section- so coasts OR glaciers.

Great, that's what I did. Why is the box there in the first place anyway?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by archiejh
Great, that's what I did. Why is the box there in the first place anyway?

To ensure students only do one section and it says choose either question 3 or 4 which is glaciers and coasts. Cuz otherwise people will do all sections. Even with this amount of clarity many students still choose to do both sections for some reason 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending