The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Lse - msc economy and society

Hey pple,
They offered me a place at LSE next year for the Msc Economy and Society under the Sociology Department.
As you know fees are pretty expensive as it is living in London.
Im considering loan opportunities since I did not make it to get a scholarship (Idk any other way to pay for my fees)
Do you honestly think it would be worth it, considering I'm planning to undertake a research career or myb working within international institutions ?
Reply 1
I can't give you an absolute answer to this without knowing your background and personal circumstances. But here's my thought:

While LSE has a great reputation in social science, it's important to weigh the potential earnings in your future career against the expenses. Make sure to research the job market and salaries in your field after graduation. You want to ensure that the financial returns align with your expectations and help you manage any financial obligations you have since it'd be really tough if you have to work part-time to fund your studies. If that works for you then go for it, but if not, I personally don't think that a degree at LSE is the ultimate answer to a successful career path.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by raffa99
Hey pple,
They offered me a place at LSE next year for the Msc Economy and Society under the Sociology Department.
As you know fees are pretty expensive as it is living in London.
Im considering loan opportunities since I did not make it to get a scholarship (Idk any other way to pay for my fees)
Do you honestly think it would be worth it, considering I'm planning to undertake a research career or myb working within international institutions ?

Cambridge and Oxford have better courses so does UCL, Durham, SOAS, KCL, QMUL and to name a few.
Reply 3
Actually they offered me a place also at King's International Political economy MA, but since it costs more and I thought that LSE was the best for social sciences, I was more willing to thalke this one, but im curious about your thoughts !

Original post by thegeek888
Cambridge and Oxford have better courses so does UCL, Durham, SOAS, KCL, QMUL and to name a few.
Reply 4
Thanks a lot!! I guess I will do as you suggested, right now I am even considering if it's worht to have the enrollment deferred in order to try to apply for funding again or maybe find a scholarship.
Original post by saritaj
I can't give you an absolute answer to this without knowing your background and personal circumstances. But here's my thought:

While LSE has a great reputation in social science, it's important to weigh the potential earnings in your future career against the expenses. Make sure to research the job market and salaries in your field after graduation. You want to ensure that the financial returns align with your expectations and help you manage any financial obligations you have since it'd be really tough if you have to work part-time to fund your studies. If that works for you then go for it, but if not, I personally don't think that a degree at LSE is the ultimate answer to a successful career path.
Reply 5
Original post by raffa99
Thanks a lot!! I guess I will do as you suggested, right now I am even considering if it's worht to have the enrollment deferred in order to try to apply for funding again or maybe find a scholarship.

Best of luck with your study and career!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending