The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE vs KCL

I accepted an offer to study MA Education Policy and Society at King's last month. I received an offer to study MSc Political Sociology at LSE yesterday. A little confused as to which one to choose, the courses aren't that comparable - both have strong faculty. LSE is slightly more interesting to me and I think maybe it'll give me a bigger scope of employment but it's also more expensive than KCL. Any advice/ insights would be helpful :smile:
Reply 1
In what field would you like to work in the future? Have you paid the deposit at King's?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Hi

Original post by saritaj
In what field would you like to work in the future? Have you paid the deposit at King's?

Hi, i have paid the deposit. I'd like to work in policy or in government. I think the polisocio degree might broaden my base? Vs education policy will maybe narrow me to only policy/ education policy jobs?
Reply 3
Original post by RSeth
Hi

Hi, i have paid the deposit. I'd like to work in policy or in government. I think the polisocio degree might broaden my base? Vs education policy will maybe narrow me to only policy/ education policy jobs?

If you don't mind about the deposit and don't intend to work in the ministry of education, I think you should go with Political Sociology at the LSE. It will better prepare you for a wider range of careers in areas such as research, policy analysis, advocacy, social and political consulting, or further academic study in related fields. Plus, the LSE has a higher reputation in social science.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending