The Student Room Group

What to resit GSCE Maths before September 2023

Does anyone know anywhere to apply to resit my GSCE Maths as I know that I have failed and want to go to university in September 😩
Original post by Laujones.xox
Does anyone know anywhere to apply to resit my GSCE Maths as I know that I have failed and want to go to university in September 😩

It’s probably no help but I’ve heard people do it through college but i’m not sure if you can just do the exam again or if you’d have to do a year of it again
Reply 2
No worries, I did it in college, this year but I know 100% I’ve failed all 3 exams 😩🫣 and was told I had to do another year I cannot 😩 I need to do a resit now, I looked on the GOV.UK blogs and says there’s exams taking place on the 27th June but not sure weather it’s further education, surly I can resit the exams somewhere I just don’t know where If so🫣😂

Original post by sippingchl0rine
It’s probably no help but I’ve heard people do it through college but i’m not sure if you can just do the exam again or if you’d have to do a year of it again
Reply 3
No worries, I did it in college, this year but I know 100% I’ve failed all 3 exams 😩🫣 and was told I had to do another year I cannot 😩 I need to do a resit now, I looked on the GOV.UK blogs and says there’s exams taking place on the 27th June but not sure weather it’s further education, surly I can resit the exams somewhere I just don’t know where If so🫣😂

Next sitting is November I'm afraid.
Reply 4

As @Muttley79 says, you can't retake GCSE maths until November. Some universities will accept Level 2 Functional Skills Maths as a GCSE maths equivalent for some courses. Check with your university because not all of them will. A variety of providers will be able to let you take the exams and get a result before university starts. The cost could be £200-£300 as only the commercial providers are likely to offer this service during the summer break.

Quick Reply

Latest