The Student Room Group

Extra maintenance funding for period where I’m resitting my exams?

So, I’m a final year January start student so I’m supposed to be done with my course in the coming weeks.

However, I’m resitting my exams in April of this year. But because I’ve received all 3 of my final year instalments (1st in January 2023, 2nd in April 2023 and 3rd in September 2023) I won’t be receiving any more funding for maintenance.

I’m living in London at the moment, and my family lives very far away. My uni’s student halls have given me a lease until June 2023 so I’m hoping to stay in London until then. I also come from a working class background so I can’t rely on my family to support me financially.

Is it possible to get extra funding for maintenance from SFE? Even though I’m a January start student, I won’t be graduating (as in having the graduation ceremony) until October of this year, if that makes any difference.

Please, let me know guys!
Hi there. Have you ever had to repeat before? How long is your course and how many years of funding have to received so far? Thanks, Leah.
Reply 2
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there. Have you ever had to repeat before? How long is your course and how many years of funding have to received so far? Thanks, Leah.

I’ve never had to repeat before. My course is three years long and so I’ve only used up the three years of funding. I’ve been told by a friend that I’m expected to go home in between now and April, is this true? I’m not on speaking terms with my family (but technically, I am not estranged) and I rely on the resources on campus for my studies. I can’t got back home
Original post by versusce
I’ve never had to repeat before. My course is three years long and so I’ve only used up the three years of funding. I’ve been told by a friend that I’m expected to go home in between now and April, is this true? I’m not on speaking terms with my family (but technically, I am not estranged) and I rely on the resources on campus for my studies. I can’t got back home

Hi there,

When you come back to resit your exams in April do you know if your university will class you as as a student in attendance or non attendance ?

Thanks, Drew
Reply 4
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,

When you come back to resit your exams in April do you know if your university will class you as as a student in attendance or non attendance ?

Thanks, Drew

I think the modules run from September - January only, so I don’t think I’ll be classed as a student in attendance.
I think the modules run from September - January only, so I don’t think I’ll be classed as a student in attendance.

Hi there,

If you are not classed as a student in attendance then there is no funding that we can offer you.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 6
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,

If you are not classed as a student in attendance then there is no funding that we can offer you.

Thanks, Drew

Is it possible to get my university to have me classed as a student in attendance during the resit period?
(edited 3 months ago)
Is it possible to get my university to have me classed as a student in attendance during the resit period?

Hi there,

You would need to discuss this with them but if they did class you as a student in attendance you may be eligible for some sort of funding.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending