The Student Room Group

options

what GCSE do you think would be best for becoming a therapist
well for one psychology
of course you will need this so you understand the brains of the pepole you are giving therapy
so as much as it sucks your gonna have to buckle down and get a good science grade sadly
also you might need to learn media studies as this will allow you to understand any online bullying happening to your clients
you should also probably learn hospitality
not the cooking but being able to be kind, calm and proffesional will help you alot (although knowing how to cook will help your life and give you a good fallback plan)
im only in yr 8 but im great at planning so i hope this helps :smile:
GCSEs dont matter so much just as long as you get good science and maths grades to get into a good university to do psychology/ another related degree.
Original post by lxcuy1
Original post by user123456324
GCSEs dont matter so much just as long as you get good science and maths grades to get into a good university to do psychology/ another related degree.

they do matter
not as much as A-levels
but by gosh do they matter
They really dont ill give you an example for psychology courses at top unis

UCL Psychology for example

Grades
A*AA
Subjects
To include at least one, preferably two subjects from: Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Psychology.
GCSEs
English Language, Mathematics and two Sciences (double award acceptable) at grade B or 6.

Durham

Grade 5 (or grade B) or above in Mathematics at GCSE (or equivalent) is required.

A level offer AAA

Bath
A*AA In three A Levels
GCSE requirements

GCSE Mathematics grade 7 or A
GCSE English Language or Literature grade 6 or B (or equivalent from English language category A)

None of these unis talk about specifically talk about needing any non core GCSES like psychology so no choices don't matter just do well in them
Original post by big dreamer 89
they do matter
not as much as A-levels
but by gosh do they matter
They really dont ill give you an example for psychology courses at top unis

UCL Psychology for example

Grades
A*AA
Subjects
To include at least one, preferably two subjects from: Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Psychology.
GCSEs
English Language, Mathematics and two Sciences (double award acceptable) at grade B or 6.

Durham

Grade 5 (or grade B) or above in Mathematics at GCSE (or equivalent) is required.

A level offer AAA

Bath
A*AA In three A Levels
GCSE requirements

GCSE Mathematics grade 7 or A
GCSE English Language or Literature grade 6 or B (or equivalent from English language category A)

None of these unis talk about specifically talk about needing any non core GCSES like psychology so no choices don't matter just do well in them

oh ok
sry im in yr 8 but im great at planning ahead even if i dont know much so i try to help
but do you think the ones i pointed out were good
they are good GCSEs to do but won't necessarily help a uni application over other GCSEs. All that matters is getting good grades in the core GCSEs
Original post by big dreamer 89
oh ok
sry im in yr 8 but im great at planning ahead even if i dont know much so i try to help
but do you think the ones i pointed out were good
they are good GCSEs to do but won't necessarily help a uni application ovoker other GCSEs. All that matters is getting good grades in the core GCSEs

ok that makes sense
either way the more qualifications the better and this dude just wants to know what to choose for options
studying those 3 will help most with becoming a therapist
doesent effect colledge tho so please make ur own judgement
Reply 8
Original post by lxcuy1

Heya!

Check out prospects and see what kind of qualifications you need to become one :h: From there you can determine what GCSEs and Alvls to take!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Original post by lxcuy1

hsc

Quick Reply

Latest