The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

How likely are you to attend your allocated college?

I've been allocated to my preferred college (South), but it says that you may have your college allocation changed before attending; are there any stats on the likelihood of that happening? Thanks.
Reply 1
Unfortunately there is no guarantee that you will get your preferred college as these are only confirmed after results day. It also depends on oversubscription to certain colleges but you should be fine. As much as it may sound a generic response, you will find a great set of students wherever you are allocated. You've come this far, you have an offer at a fantastic uni, please try not to worry too much about allocations. I know so many people that didn't get their preferred choice but had the time of their lives in the college they were placed!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Kyle0812
I've been allocated to my preferred college (South), but it says that you may have your college allocation changed before attending; are there any stats on the likelihood of that happening? Thanks.

The only known is the priority order which can be found on the first link when searching Durham college reallocation
Original post by Kyle0812

Hiya

I don't have any statistics on college reallocation but in the event that colleges have to be reallocated, preference is given to students in the following order:
1. Firm offer holders who meet the conditions of their offer
2. Near-miss candidates
3. Insurance offer holders
4. Applicants accepted through clearing and so on.

You can find the entire list here. I really do hope you get your preferred choice but just in case you don't, I can promise you it's not the end of the world and another college may just be as well suited to you as South :smile:

-Himieka

Quick Reply

Latest