The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham reallocation

Hi I've been reallocated from self-catered to a catered college accom. I wa wondering if I’d be able to contact Durham about changing this, the price inflation is huge and I am worried about the costs, especially since I had already bought kitchen stuff since Durham wasn’t my first choice uni
Reply 1
Original post by Hollymcmullan
Hi I've been reallocated from self-catered to a catered college accom. I wa wondering if I’d be able to contact Durham about changing this, the price inflation is huge and I am worried about the costs, especially since I had already bought kitchen stuff since Durham wasn’t my first choice uni

HI Holly, which college have you been allocated to?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2

where did you get reallocated to? I'm looking to go from self-catered to catered (after being reallocated to self-catered at Stephenson).
Reply 3
Original post by tq002
where did you get reallocated to? I'm looking to go from self-catered to catered (after being reallocated to self-catered at Stephenson).

I'd be down for a switch
Reply 4
Original post by leannebupe
HI Holly, which college have you been allocated to?

Hiya, i was rellocated to st aidens
Reply 5
Original post by tq002
I'd be down for a switch

How would we go about that, im in st aidens?

Hello,

Unfortunately, to my knowledge, you can't request to change your college once you've been allocated one and sent the lease agreement. However, there is no harm in reaching out and explaining your situation and seeing if there's anything that can be done. I would suggest you either reach out to your college directly or contact the Accommodation and Allocation office.

Have you been allocated a different college or you're still in the same college but allocated different accommodation?
[email protected]

-Ghala
(Official DU Rep)
Reply 7
I emailed the college itself but they said i couldnt be changed to a self catered package due to it being a catered college, no mention of switching colleges, do you think i should still email admissions or is there little chance now
I emailed the college itself but they said i couldnt be changed to a self catered package due to it being a catered college, no mention of switching colleges, do you think i should still email admissions or is there little chance now

Hello,

Unfortunately it sounds like you won't be able to switch to a self-catered accommodation since your college is catered, however, I don't see a harm in emailing the accommodation and allocation team and triple checking to see if there is a possibility.

-Ghala
(Official DU Rep)

Quick Reply

Latest