The Student Room Group

Are these good IGCSE subjects

Hi! I am doing my IGCSEs (EDEXCEL) and I want to know if my subjects are a good choice. These are the subjects, I am planning on doing:1. English2. English Lit.3. Maths4. Biology5. Chemistry6. Physics7. ICT8. History/ Geography (not sure yet)9. Economics I am not entirely sure about whether I will be doing Economics yet. I am interested in it and I would like to learn it though. Let me know if its a good choice.Please tell me about your opinions on my subjects. It would be nice if you'll could give me some advice and a few tips as well.I'll be looking forward to your responses!Thank You!
Original post by Mimi567
Hi! I am doing my IGCSEs (EDEXCEL) and I want to know if my subjects are a good choice. These are the subjects, I am planning on doing:1. English2. English Lit.3. Maths4. Biology5. Chemistry6. Physics7. ICT8. History/ Geography (not sure yet)9. Economics I am not entirely sure about whether I will be doing Economics yet. I am interested in it and I would like to learn it though. Let me know if its a good choice.Please tell me about your opinions on my subjects. It would be nice if you'll could give me some advice and a few tips as well.I'll be looking forward to your responses!Thank You!

They seem perfectly reasonable to me.

Have you thought about what you might like to study (if anything) after your IGCSEs? I ask as you're not doing a language at IGCSE, which is perfectly fine, but might be an issue if you were thinking of studying languages later - or being a professional translator or something!

There's also nothing "creative" (Art, Music, etc.) so if you had aspirations in that direction then you might want to study something creative at IGCSE.

However, if neither of those paths of any any particular interest to you, then your choices look fine.
Reply 2
Original post by Mimi567

Hello, I've finished my IGCSE and I think your subject choice is great! I took English, Math, Phys and Chem. Personally, the best tip is to revise and do every single past paper in the last 5 year or so. I think math is an easy one, just make sure to remember all the concepts and formulae as well as being familiar with the question form. In physics, stay focused on the last chapters since I suppose they are more content-heavy. Chemistry, revise carefully on the reactions and observations. Ensure that you have enough time to fill in the answer sheets! Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest