The Student Room Group

Hi

I am currently studying at De Montfort university
I'm doing masters in project management, unfortunately one of my course has failed in resit , and I have been giving my best in this subject .I am not sure who to get help from because my assessment is not wrong on the basis of academic writing , I had different writing scenario.
I don't know how university deal with this as international student I need help with this.
I have two questions one is how does the academic appeal work
Second is what happen if I pass all my other course nd one is failed because I'm really worried.can I still get degree or not .
I really need help.
Original post by Zimal
I am currently studying at De Montfort university
I'm doing masters in project management, unfortunately one of my course has failed in resit , and I have been giving my best in this subject .I am not sure who to get help from because my assessment is not wrong on the basis of academic writing , I had different writing scenario.
I don't know how university deal with this as international student I need help with this.
I have two questions one is how does the academic appeal work
Second is what happen if I pass all my other course nd one is failed because I'm really worried.can I still get degree or not .
I really need help.

Hi there @Zimal, I am sorry to hear that you have found it difficult to find the right places to get support and help with this matter of your course and a resit. I hope to guide you to some great resources and also where to access academic support and information on Appeals, results, etc. :frown:

Firstly, the Student Gateway, that houses Student Services in Gateway house on Campus next to the Campus Centre, has multiple support teams and advice available and you can visit the team and Gateway house in person too! :flower2:
Here is more information: https://www.dmu.ac.uk/current-students/student-support/index.aspx

Secondly, Academic Appeals information including the appeals form, where to send it (listed on the form), and the set of circumstances that will be considered for appeals forms are on this page: https://www.dmu.ac.uk/current-students/student-support/academic-support/appeals.aspx

There are three different types of appeal available:
1- Academic appeals: an academic appeal is an appeal against a decision made during the marking and assessment process.
2- Attendance appeals: an attendance appeal can be submitted if you have reason to disagree with a decision made as a result of your attendance record.
3- Requesting to repeat a year: a request to repeat a year can be submitted if you would like to apply to retake a year of your course.
Each type of appeals has its own requirements for how, when and why it can be submitted. Make sure you read the requirements and procedure for the type of appeal you want to submit before completing the form.

I would advise to seek the support of our wellbeing teams also, as you have said that this has not been an easy process and you have felt a lack of support, and for this we are sorry. Our Wellbeing team at DMU can offer 1-1 appointments and also your Faculty Student Advice Centre can support with the Academic side of your worries further.

The Wellbeing team can provide support when discussing needs to teaching staff & practical goal setting and suggestions of how to address certain issues you may be experiencing.:redface:
To access support please email [email protected] or book a Single Point of Access (SPA) appointment via MyGateway - https://mygateway.dmu.ac.uk/s/studentsupport/appointments/app/topic/1173?workGroupIds=118,117&siteId=13

Thirdly, your Faculty Student Advice Centre (BAL) can be contacted also regarding the Appeals process and academic support here:

0.41 Hugh Aston Building (Main Reception, Ground Floor)
Monday Friday, 8:50am-4:45pm
T: (0116) 257 7243
E: [email protected]

Finally, as an international student, International Student Support can help and also be involved if you require any assistance in communicating with other teams and staff regarding your circumstances. Reach the team here: [email protected] :hello:

I hope this helps. You can, if you would like to, message us on TSR if you need any clarification or further support, and we will endeavour to help as much as we are able:h:

- Rose:rose:, De Montfort University Rep.
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending