The Student Room Group

I’m writing a song...

Can you please tell me what it feels like to have someone break up with you because they fell in love with someone else? I haven’t been in a relationship shop so I wouldn’t know... but I have a good feeling about this song, and I’m not letting it go so easily.
Think of a plant. That's your ex. You planted it watered it daily and grew with it. But when the time came to have some fruits, the plant suddenly grew out legs and walked away from your life like there was nothing between you two. Does it sound weird? Probably, but I guess that's the best possible way I could explain a break up.
Original post by sea bee
Can you please tell me what it feels like to have someone break up with you because they fell in love with someone else? I haven’t been in a relationship shop so I wouldn’t know... but I have a good feeling about this song, and I’m not letting it go so easily.

not because they fell in love with someone else, but because they didn't feel the same way about me.

It felt like a heavy feeling, and I didn't want to see her around because she was happy, but I still had sadness in my eyes. I wanted her to be happy and I was willing to destroy myself to see her smile. Enough time passed for me to move on with my life, to leave the idea of us behind, but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get her off my mind.

But then I realised, sometimes, you just aren't ready. No matter how much you want it to work, and how much energy you put into it, be prepared to let go and understand, how sometimes, timing is everything. Maybe I was the one who messed up. I let myself fall too hard and I shouldn't have believed we shared the same heart.

Quick Reply

Latest