The Student Room Group

motivation letter for veterinary medicine in europe

hi, guys im planning on applying for veterinary medicine in budapest can you guys tell me the format for your motivation letters, because usually for other unis its an essay and around 4000 words but im assuming here its not? can you guys tell me more about how to write it
Reply 1
Original post by ihateitall
hi, guys im planning on applying for veterinary medicine in budapest can you guys tell me the format for your motivation letters, because usually for other unis its an essay and around 4000 words but im assuming here its not? can you guys tell me more about how to write it

Just looked at my daughter’s motivation letter which she used when she applied abroad and it was quite a bit longer. It wasn’t as strict as a PS and contained more on what had drawn her to veterinary and what in broad lines she understood the course and the job to be, based on her work experience. So obviously she gave some examples of her key learning points from her wex here, and she also spoke of some of the downsides of the career to show that she would be going in with realistic expectations. She integrated her academic successes and spoke about the relevance of her EPQ and what she had drawn from it. She mentioned some of her extra and supercurriculars that would provide a good base for future learning ( things that showed manual dexterity or an interest in a certain sector of veterinary medicine) and then spoke about why she would be a good student for an International environment and vet school. ( Willingness to embrace another culture and way of life, wish to actively learn another language or improve what you already know of the language etc) giving examples of where she’d already demonstrated these characteristics.
So globally not that different to a PS but without the same degree of pressure on word count or format.
It is a letter and not a statement so you do address it to someone and you do sign off formally.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending