The Student Room Group

Cambridge Veterinary Medicine entry tips!!!

Hi, I’m a year 9 student, and Cambridge Veterinary Medicine has been my dream uni for years. I’m an international student and started to go to a British school a couple years ago, but I am moving to an American school next year to study for AP and get a certificate. (I can’t stay in the British school until year 12, which is when I can start IB) I’m starting to seriously gathering information about applying and filling the requirements.

I want to study the IB DP curriculum, but I might have to do AP inevitably. Since most UK unis, and I think Cambridge too, prefer IB, I was searching for other qualifications to put in my CV.

Could I get information about what kind of school subjects, extra curricular activities, test grades (i.e. SAT, TOEFL), volunteering requirements, work experiences, and other awards/certifications such as DofE?
Original post by rcathy864
Hi, I’m a year 9 student, and Cambridge Veterinary Medicine has been my dream uni for years. I’m an international student and started to go to a British school a couple years ago, but I am moving to an American school next year to study for AP and get a certificate. (I can’t stay in the British school until year 12, which is when I can start IB) I’m starting to seriously gathering information about applying and filling the requirements.
I want to study the IB DP curriculum, but I might have to do AP inevitably. Since most UK unis, and I think Cambridge too, prefer IB, I was searching for other qualifications to put in my CV.
Could I get information about what kind of school subjects, extra curricular activities, test grades (i.e. SAT, TOEFL), volunteering requirements, work experiences, and other awards/certifications such as DofE?

I would say for volunteering, try to get more hands-on experiences with anything related to veterinary medicine - e.g. volunteering at a pet shop, organising files for a clinic, wildlife conservatory, etc...

Cirriculars, on the other hand, should be things you enjoy doing!
Reply 2
Original post by jelllyfiiish
I would say for volunteering, try to get more hands-on experiences with anything related to veterinary medicine - e.g. volunteering at a pet shop, organising files for a clinic, wildlife conservatory, etc...
Cirriculars, on the other hand, should be things you enjoy doing!

Thank you! Actually, I did some volunteering at an animal shelter, but I’m not sure how to document that properly. I think I need to know this in the future as well for some proof of working experiences. Could you help me with this??>
Thank you! Actually, I did some volunteering at an animal shelter, but I’m not sure how to document that properly. I think I need to know this in the future as well for some proof of working experiences. Could you help me with this??>

Perhaps add some context on your CV, resume, or application letter - e.g. During the holidays, I also volunteered at.…… because.……. Moreover I am passionate about.......... Because.……..
And so on!!
Reply 4
Original post by jelllyfiiish
Perhaps add some context on your CV, resume, or application letter - e.g. During the holidays, I also volunteered at.…… because.……. Moreover I am passionate about.......... Because.……..
And so on!!

Ohh ok thank you! So I don’t need some type of an official approvement?
Ohh ok thank you! So I don’t need some type of an official approvement?

Do you mean a volunteer certificate? I guess you could request for one to document your doings, but I would say that instead of documenting how many hours or tasks you’ve done - instead explain how the experience changed you or not + if it inspired to you to do more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending